Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Loss or repair

• Total Loss

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Repair

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Too close to call

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • It'll buff out..

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
guys, i believe we need to form an auto insurance company of ourselves! Tesla is over-charging for the repair cost and auto insurance company just over charging the premium. only we work together then we can push Tesla to reduce the repair costs and reflect our lower accident rate and then overall less costs. we need to do something!
I don't think auto insurance is the problem, it's the cost of repairs/part availability that need to be addressed. There's still not a whole lot of shops (compared to ICE cars) that will do Tesla's, and the parts supply chain is still mainly hold by Tesla themselves.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Based on what you described, it was a very very similar experience to the one my partner and I just went through. Driving through a 80 zone (Sea to Sky Highway, I'm sure you're familiar as you say you're from BC too), between Squamish and Vancouver - a driver oncoming us skipped the double yellow line around a left bend, and nearly head on into us (just a touch to the left) - we were going 60 as we just resumed flowing traffic from a previous accident 2 hours prior that closed the highway. And the other drive was going nearly 100kph on the wet surface and lost control. 3 different angles clearly showed he was 100% at fault.

After a week of dealing with ICBC, we are now told that our car is very likely going to be repaired. I'm concerned with the depreciation value of the car.
Funny how insurance works right? You pay alot of money every year, so that when a yahoo crosses into you, and nearly sends your car off a cliff, you end up with a worse off car, and one worth alot less than you had before.

Anyways, I was going to ask about the result of your car? Did they write it off or repair it?