Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+ Was recently in a crash. The Tesla Model 3 was declared not at fault. The appraiser declared a Total Loss and Tesla Insurance wants to arrange a Total Loss Settlement. What's a fair Total Loss Settlement for this car? The car had 100,000 miles but worked great and I never had any issues with the car throughout 29 Months of ownership.

Attachments

• IMG_6942.jpeg
    IMG_6942.jpeg
    815 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_6945.jpeg
    IMG_6945.jpeg
    773.5 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_6946.jpeg
    IMG_6946.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_6958.jpeg
    IMG_6958.jpeg
    531 KB · Views: 479
Run the VIN through Vroom and Carvana. Getting up to date values on vehicles has gotten a lot easier with all these AI car buying platforms. Then do a bit of work to see how much they price their cars more than they offer for them.

100K miles is a lot on a 2019 car (of any kind) so it will be a bit tricky to deal with those miles, but the AI probably is better at it than any random forum poster.

2020/2019 Standard range cars on Carvana are going for low $40's with 20K miles, so I'd guess you'd be in the mid to low 30's.

Upvote 0
Perhaps browse Tesla's used car section and look for something similar. Since your mileage is somewhat high it is hard to get an exact match, although I did find this listing.

car.png

This listing has full self driving, but otherwise the mileage is close.

The amount you should aim to get from insurance is what you will have to pay to replace this car, and used cars are really expensive these days!

Upvote 0
Perhaps browse Tesla's used car section and look for something similar. Since your mileage is somewhat high it is hard to get an exact match, although I did find this listing.

View attachment 797761

The amount you should aim to get from insurance is what you will have to pay to replace this car, and used cars are really expensive these days!
This is a wild price for that car. wow

Upvote 0
Run the VIN through Vroom and Carvana. Getting up to date values on vehicles has gotten a lot easier with all these AI car buying platforms. Then do a bit of work to see how much they price their cars more than they offer for them.

100K miles is a lot on a 2019 car (of any kind) so it will be a bit tricky to deal with those miles, but the AI probably is better at it than any random forum poster.

2020/2019 Standard range cars on Carvana are going for low $40's with 20K miles, so I'd guess you'd be in the mid to low 30's.
I did this and Carvana and Kelly BB both said my car was worth $26k based on my VIN, however if you try and buy a 2018 Model 3 (FSD) prices START at $42k.... (I was in a no fault of mine crash and thinking its totalled and trying to figure out what I am going to do bc i cannot drive anything but a tesla but if they only give me $26k (And i still owe $17k) i might not be able to afford a used tesla....

Upvote 0

View attachment 797761

This would be fun to see what Tesla values FSD on a used car. They will probably try to hold the 15k and say the car is only worth 36.

Upvote 0
My 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+ Was recently in a crash. The Tesla Model 3 was declared not at fault. The appraiser declared a Total Loss and Tesla Insurance wants to arrange a Total Loss Settlement. What's a fair Total Loss Settlement for this car?

Less than you desire.
More than they will initially offer.

Given the unusually high mileage, you will have a hard time finding exact comparable

Actually, it's quiet the opposite.
Used Tesla prices have crashed pretty hard over the past few months.
Party due to slow down in demand, partly due to glut of inventory with 3-4 year old cars hitting the market, partly from Carvana going out of business and dumping its inventory.

I did this and Carvana and Kelly BB both said my car was worth $26k based on my VIN,
For an SR+ with 100+K miles, that sounds pretty reasonable.

however if you try and buy a 2018 Model 3 (FSD) prices START at $42k....

FSD counts for insurance purposes only if you bought it from the Tesla lot.
If you added it afterwards, it is an uninsured aftermarket add on. Sorry.
Also, you will not get the new $15K price for FSD from the insurance settlement, given that you paid a fraction of that to Tesla. ($5-7K?).

(I was in a no fault of mine crash and thinking its totalled and trying to figure out what I am going to do bc i cannot drive anything but a tesla but if they only give me $26k (And i still owe $17k) i might not be able to afford a used tesla....

Whose fault it was in the accident makes zero difference for the insurance settlement purposes.
Do you best to get the max price for your wreck, but be realistic. Tesla used car prices are dropping as-is, and will take a bigger hit post Jan 1st when federal credits kick-in.

Upvote 0
Hi folks, was recently in a 5 car pile up, and my Model 3 was in autodrive- i was the only one able to come to complete stop (yay telsas!) but got rammed into the car any way once I got hit from behind. grateful no serious injuries, but Car has been deemed a total loss. Tesla insurance only offering me $36k, my car had FSD which costs $15k today- they only gave me $1015 for that. Anyone had any experience with this? And I guess I am searching for an independant appraiser now, if anyone has recommendations! Appreciate this community and any feedback you can offer!

Reactions: Pkmmte
Upvote 0
Hi folks, was recently in a 5 car pile up, and my Model 3 was in autodrive- i was the only one able to come to complete stop (yay telsas!) but got rammed into the car any way once I got hit from behind. grateful no serious injuries, but Car has been deemed a total loss. Tesla insurance only offering me $36k, my car had FSD which costs $15k today- they only gave me $1015 for that. Anyone had any experience with this? And I guess I am searching for an independant appraiser now, if anyone has recommendations! Appreciate this community and any feedback you can offer!
I'd make a new thread so it gets more views. You weren't that car that stopped in the tunnel while changing lanes and got clobbered from behind by 5 cars, was it?Video shows 8-car pileup after a Tesla allegedly using Full Self-Driving stopped in a highway tunnel

Upvote 0