TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Total Lunar Eclipse - Predawn Wednesday, October 8

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Curt Renz, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Curt Renz

Curt Renz Active Member

There will be a total lunar eclipse before dawn for North America on Wednesday, October 8. Greatest obscuration will occur at 10:55 UT (05:55 CDT). Prime viewing will be centered on the Pacific Ocean, but much of North America and East Asia will be in sight of most if not all of the eclipse.

I’ve created a graphic panorama of nine stages of the eclipse. A fictional blue wall is placed in the background to make the Earth’s shadow obvious. The event times are given in CDT (UT-5). They will occur virtually simultaneously for observers on the night side of the Earth, but adjustments must be made for time zones. The given altitudes and viewing angles are for Chicago, so corrections would have to be made for elsewhere.

Here’s the link to my Moon webpage which will allow you to continue to my eclipse graphic and timing data: www.CurtRenz.com/moon

Photos and descriptions of the eclipse would be welcome additions to this thread.

2. swaltner

swaltner Member

Thanks for the heads up. Can a mod correct the subject to October on the thread?

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Fixed.

Yes, thanks for heads up too Curt. Will try and see it if I can.