Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies for somewhat hijacking this thread. For those that are putting consistently high mileage on the car. What did you decide to do about the service plan and extended warranty? I usually do 33K miles/year.

I'm going to be purchasing the 4 plus 4 year plan since I'm planning on driving a lot. Figure that will cover me for the first 4 years. After that who knows will have to wait and see what Tesla is offering in 4 years.

5,000 Club

I've already hit the 5000 mile club. Did that in less than 2 months.
Took me just over 3 months to hit 5,000 miles, Dec 16 to March 22. All good miles. By the way, this is a great family car - many miles in the mountains of New Hampshire skiing. Suspect I will purchase the $1900/50K service plan. Any thoughts on the tire plans - wait - this should hop to a service plan thread - is there one? WIll check now...Enjoy, all 1000 and all 5000 clubbers.

....we're on 9,100 already. In fact we'll need a new set of rear tires soon, will probably tie that to our 12k....

I don't like being negative, especially as this is just my second post, but...I've owned many, many vehicles - in the dozens - and never have even the worst tires last less than 20,000 miles, probably never less than 25,000. Are other drivers seeing such horrid wear?

5,500 for me, and I can't for the life of me figure out what they are going to look at during the 12,500 mile 'service'. The motor has 1 moving part.

They're going to look at your wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like being negative, especially as this is just my second post, but...I've owned many, many vehicles - in the dozens - and never have even the worst tires last less than 20,000 miles, probably never less than 25,000. Are other drivers seeing such horrid wear?

Welcome to the club. It's a result of all the acceleration and most braking using the rear tires. The front tires will make up for it with far less wear than any of your previous vehicles.

Lots of negative camber on the rear wheels + performance tires = early tire changes. See this thread:

Negative Camber in the Rear and Expensive Tires

Apologies for somewhat hijacking this thread. For those that are putting consistently high mileage on the car. What did you decide to do about the service plan and extended warranty? I usually do 33K miles/year.
The more you drive, the better the pre-paid plan is. Why? The lost interest on your money is less, because of the shorter holding period.

The more you drive, the better the pre-paid plan is. Why? The lost interest on your money is less, because of the shorter holding period.

A bigger factor is the pre-paid discount since Tesla's discount isn't reduced for drivers that use it up right away. Your return is 2.6 times that of someone who drives 12,500 mi/yr. Or is that what you meant? You benefit from Tesla's willingness to pay dearly for capital right now. Your own 'interest' or lost opportunity is very low given returns these days.