Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Mileage Thus Far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. I'm looking at this being a pretty high-mileage car as I'm commuting and it's now also the family car of choice. So getting almost all the miles we were spreading over two previously. Love it!

Well, those 2 guys got me beat. Right now I have 100 mile total commute. That will probably increase to 130 mile total commute in a few months. I just got my car March 6th, and I'm at 2500 miles already. I don't think I'll catch up to those guys, but it certainly won't take me very long to surpass a lot of folks. I'm floored about how much some people *dont* drive. Some of those pre-owned roadsters have less than 5k. All of them but one are less than 20k. Why does someone buy $130k car and then not drive it at all? Waste of money IMO. lol. I squeeze every dollar out of every car I own until they die.

Well, those 2 guys got me beat. Right now I have 100 mile total commute. That will probably increase to 130 mile total commute in a few months. I just got my car March 6th, and I'm at 2500 miles already. I don't think I'll catch up to those guys, but it certainly won't take me very long to surpass a lot of folks. I'm floored about how much some people *dont* drive. Some of those pre-owned roadsters have less than 5k. All of them but one are less than 20k. Why does someone buy $130k car and then not drive it at all? Waste of money IMO. lol. I squeeze every dollar out of every car I own until they die.
I agree with your opinion that cars are meant to be driven. However, the very low miles on the Roadsters has much to do with its limited practicality as a daily driver. For a lot people it is likely a 3rd, 4th, or 5th car - so it would not get a lot of use because of that, not because they are babying their car (IMO).

We just hit 1,000 miles at the one-month mark. I was actually taking my nephews on a drive to show off the car; they're ages 9 and 14, and were blown away as we cornered around some mountain roads. Later that night, my sister yelled at me: "You ruined my children!" Guess they had a good time! :)

(It gives me goosebumps to think that in a few years, they could actually learn to drive on an electric car.)

5+ weeks later. On the way to work this morning it happened.

Model_S_1000_mile_04102013.jpg