Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Weight of Tesla 22" Turbine Wheel/Pirelli upgrade? Looking for Max Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks - anyone know the total weight of the 22" Tesla wheel/tire upgrade? Both for front and back?

I found someone selling 22" forged aftermarket rims with Conti Extreme Contact rubber - they weigh 58 lbs all in. Seems really light? It's a better deal then turbine/pirelli combo but if Turbines are the same weight i may stick with them.

Sorry, can’t help but the easiest way to get these are going to be taking yours off and putting them in a standard human scale. Easy if you have a jack, scale, torque wrench, and about 10 minutes. Actually, just thought that you might be considering pre-purchase ...

The real reason I wanted to comment was that weight is not the only factor of efficiency. Aerodynamics also plays a large key and will be much more difficult to determine between the two options.

Go with the one you think looks best and has the best build quality for your budget.

I think i'm going to go back to set of 20" OEMs with Continental LX Sport rubber and get them powder coated black. Two things working against me with 22s - 1) Range 2) Towing - i will be towing from time to time and doesn't look like it is recommended on 22s

Hi Folks - anyone know the total weight of the 22" Tesla wheel/tire upgrade? Both for front and back?

I found someone selling 22" forged aftermarket rims with Conti Extreme Contact rubber - they weigh 58 lbs all in. Seems really light? It's a better deal then turbine/pirelli combo but if Turbines are the same weight i may stick with them.

Anything on 22 inch wheels will not be energy efficient. Even the name "Extreme Contact" suggests performance and stickiness. This means NOT low rolling resistance. I got a set of 22 inch wheels for free (referral promo). I had them on the car for about six months.My consumption went from around 300 Wh/ mile, to well over 400 Wh/mile. Easy decision to go back to the 20 inch Contis. They looked great on my car, but not worth the energy consumed. The weight of the wheel is not significant. It is all in the type of rubber meeting and leaving the road with minimum resistance. Also don't forget the wheel alignment.

Reactions: gaswalla
I weighed one of my rear 22" turbines on a scale in this thread and it was 39.5lbs without the tire. I believe the rolling resistance of the tires could have a big effect on range too. Either way, any setup with 22's is purely for aesthetics and will significantly impact your range.

OP I have been on stock 22s since I got car new ..at 100k miles my lifetime average is over 400wh/mile driving average 70mph never use heater...they do look good though ;) ...for max efficiency I say stay away from 22s