Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled my S and ordered a Y during the pandemic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12 days ago my March 2014 Model S got T-boned (a car was coming off the highway and ran a stop sign-hit my driver's door). Fortunately I wasn't injured besides a bone bruise on the hip and some black and blues along the waist.

My car is totaled and State Farm is giving me $30k (it was a Model S85 with all options except Performance package with 125k miles). I had literally one payment left on it!

Put in an order for a Model Y Long Range w/ Full Self Driving last Friday.

No idea when I should expect it. I'm hoping just a couple months?

Attachments

• 2020-03-16 06.56.32.jpg
    2020-03-16 06.56.32.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Informative
Reactions: Matsayz and Lon12
12 days ago my March 2014 Model S got T-boned (a car was coming off the highway and ran a stop sign-hit my driver's door). Fortunately I wasn't injured besides a bone bruise on the hip and some black and blues along the waist.

My car is totaled and State Farm is giving me $30k (it was a Model S85 with all options except Performance package with 125k miles). I had literally one payment left on it!

Put in an order for a Model Y Long Range w/ Full Self Driving last Friday.

No idea when I should expect it. I'm hoping just a couple months?

Glad you are okay. Hard to say when you r model Y is ready but with this COVID situation, things might be in your favor. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago I got a call a week later saying its ready. That particular car then got postponed but they found another one, so im assuming many ppl are postponing or cancelling their orders right now. If not, you will have to wait because the Tesla factories are shut down

Thanks, all, for your replies and concerns. I just needed to put "for the record" how much I loved my S. I really wanted to take it well over 200k miles, but I guess that it just wasn't to be.

I entered my Model Y info to the group spreadsheet and will update when I get a VIN number. I am currently stuck at the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" stage. Hopefully not for long.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn