Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled or repair? 3 months & 2900 miles

Christie0

Sep 14, 2021
Marietta GA
My model 3 was hit by a big truck on the driver side at low speed (I'm not at fault). The whole side was damaged including side mirror, both doors, front, back and back wheel scratches . Currently waiting for damage repair estimates. I got my car early June this year and it only has 2900 miles now :(. Should I consider total my car instead of repairing it? Thanks!!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 42

JohnnyMa

Apr 23, 2021
Texas
Totaled typically occurs when you have significant frame/engine/motor/chassis damage. Your damage looks bad but it looks to be on all replaceable panels. Like THXULTRA said, be sure you get a diminished value claim as well.

tpoltron

May 12, 2013
Cupertino, CA
That sucks. The sill under the door is damaged which is not so easily replaceable and I'd expect the b-pillar (between doors) to be distorted which would make a repair expensive and slow - but not necessarily a write-off. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Christie0

Sep 14, 2021
Marietta GA
Totaled typically occurs when you have significant frame/engine/motor/chassis damage. Your damage looks bad but it looks to be on all replaceable panels. Like THXULTRA said, be sure you get a diminished value claim as well.

Thanks for your reply!!
Do you know if I have to hire DV expert to file the diminished value claim or I can do it by myself? Thanks again!!!

jebinc

MSM Model S PLAID, cream/FSD; MYP, white on white
Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
My model 3 was hit by a big truck on the driver side at low speed (I'm not at fault). The whole side was damaged including side mirror, both doors, front, back and back wheel scratches . Currently waiting for damage repair estimates. I got my car early June this year and it only has 2900 miles now :(. Should I consider total my car instead of repairing it? Thanks!!
I would "hope" it's totaled, if I were you.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC