Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled / salvage Model S 85 (2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David99

Supporting Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nomad (mostly US)
My poor Model S got hit and insurance declared it as a total loss. I bought the car back from the insurance and selling it as is.

2014 Model S 85 (non performance)
309k miles
no AP
MCU has a eMMc chip
earlier this year I had Tesla replace a lot of suspension parts (total $4500) so that area is mostly new parts

I had every intention to keep this car running for a few more years that's why I put money into repairs. The drive unit is a G revision. The battery is software reduced and based on the CAN bus data it looks like one module is going bad.

The car is basically driveable. No damage to the structure or frame or suspension. The front coolant loop got pushed and is leaking, front right condensor is pushed back, front bumper is damaged.
left quarter panel is damaged, rear bumber damaged, lift gate is damaged (still open and closes automatically)
no glass is broken except a crack in the pano roof (one layer is cracked, the other is in tact)
The car driven in southern California and doesn't have any rust on it.

The car is located in the northern Boston area. You need to arrange pick up and transportation. The car can be driven on a trailer. It starts up and runs. The coolant is leaking though so the car will eventually complain and shut down.

Please DM me questions and offers.

Here is a link to some photos from the damage.
Dropbox - 2014ModelS85 - Simplify your life

IMG_20200910_143650.jpg