Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totally McYvere'd the F out of this

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I was really ticked to notice a good "ding" on the front bumper PPF, right down to the white. DANG! That was not "gonna buff right out". I wasn't about to spend a wad of money on the touch-up paint without having to remove the PPF first, etc. So, I thought long about the options. I had done this before with minor scratches on the lower black, rear trim of my Volt Gen 2 bumper - Sharpie Permanent marker to the rescue.

The red isn't an exact match, but for the size of it, I would call this a win-win. What are your thoughts?

IMG_0034.jpeg

Reactions: KenC
My first thought (which is really OT but I am going to share it anyway) was a bit of a jolt of Sadness, because my pet cat, which I had for 17 years, from when he was a stray kitten I adopted till about 3 months ago when he passed away was named MacGyver (because he was really good at getting into all sorts of stuff).

After that thought, (back on topic), I thought "this is one of those things that looks ok, but if it were my car, I would be staring at it every time I passed that portion of the car, or as my wife would tell me "no one would notice that XXXX if you didnt point it out to everyone all the time" (lol).

I mean it looks decent, but the most important thing is if you are happy with it. Are you?

Reactions: Soul Surfer
My first thought (which is really OT but I am going to share it anyway) was a bit of a jolt of Sadness, because my pet cat, which I had for 17 years, from when he was a stray kitten I adopted till about 3 months ago when he passed away was named MacGyver (because he was really good at getting into all sorts of stuff).

After that thought, (back on topic), I thought "this is one of those things that looks ok, but if it were my car, I would be staring at it every time I passed that portion of the car, or as my wife would tell me "no one would notice that XXXX if you didnt point it out to everyone all the time" (lol).

I mean it looks decent, but the most important thing is if you are happy with it. Are you?
There’s no point in doing an involved job to repair this until such time as more work as needed. The actual damage was about the size of a large pinhead.

We had to say goodbye to Winston (aka Noonoo), a couple weeks ago, after 17 yrs, as well. Although he was our daughter’s cat, we kept him with us for a few years while she worked overseas. He also stayed with us when she travelled with her partner. The loss is real.

• Love
Reactions: jjrandorin