Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TotalTesla: New Tesla Vehicle Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla enthusiast, I worked to create a new website and app (iOS to start, Android in the future) with the intention of providing something some resources that are a bit different than what is available on great forums like here, Tesla's forum, Tesla Owners Worldwide on Facebook, etc. It doesn't compete with the forums. It will be an additional resource.

At launch (Feb 1, 2019), we provide a registry for owners of Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3. Working to provide original Tesla Roadster support soon (if you are a knowledgeable Roadster geek, let me know and you could potentially speed that process up!).

TotalTesla

This is a free service. Not selling anything at all. Hope that is cool with moderators. If not, let me know!

Website is available now. iOS app will be submitted to Apple next week and will be available as soon as they approve it.

Owners will be able to list all of their car details, options, colors, battery/trim, etc. as well as upload photos of their cars for others to see and like/love. Everything is very graphical with icons for each option. We also support many aftermarket accessories and customizations - dozens, including things such as dash cams, paint protection film, aftermarket wheels, etc. Show the world (or at least other Tesla owners!) the modifications you have made to make your Tesla distinctive.

Usage is anonymous and handled through usernames - we don't even collect your name. Additionally, various pieces of demographic information we collect (location, age, gender) we either will never display, or leave it up to you whether you want to display it or not. You can login with Facebook, Google or Twitter if you don't want to create yet another username and password combination.

The feature set was also going to include a rotating referral code promotion system that would get everyone's referral codes a bit more notice and distribution - but unfortunately Tesla has announced referral program is going away as you all know. You can still (optionally) enter your referral code - just in case it does return!

Right now we are working on statistic collection and displays that I believe will be a really useful additional resource for Tesla owners. Read more in our About Us and FAQ sections. The more people register their cars, the data will become increasingly complete and provide more valuable insight. And this data will be visualized in various ways and made available to any TotalTesla members who registered their Tesla vehicle(s).

The first 1000 members who register their cars will get a special "Founders" badge when we introduce the badge case (another new feature coming soon).

We have a "Contact Us" link on the website and within the iOS app.

Since this is early days, please let us know if you encounter any bugs or problems. Or have suggestions. Cheers!

Thanks to the initial batch of users who signed up! Expect a short (3 minute) survey to go out to collect some feedback in a few areas.

A few of you already uncovered a couple of small bugs and we've fixed all but one of those now. Statistics should be coming soon although we are going to get the iPhone app launched first.

Could also use some real-world testing of social signups (Twitter, Facebook, and Google are supported) so anyone here who uses those logins, are encouraged to try that out.

Also, looking for more users to upload photos of their cars. You can currently do a maximum of 3.

PS: You are welcome to use your same TMC handles/usernames on TotalTesla if you want to.

After some delays, I am happy to report that our TotalTesla app has been accepted into the Apple App store and is now being made available (free).

totaltesla on the app store.png

Download TotalTesla from the Apple App Store here

The launch of statistics is still a week or two away. We originally wanted to launch the iOS app with statistics but then decided to just finish the app and get it out first. Statistics will be made available first to the iOS app and added to the website a little later.

As always, if you find any issues in the app, please let us know. There is a "Contact Us" option under the More tab (aka the "hamburger menu") in the app. Or if using the website (TotalTesla.com) there's a Contact Us link in the page footer.

Will look at the effort to add an iPad version and will also add it to the next version of the survey for members to vote on new features. Thanks for bringing it up!

After Statistics, popular candidates for next features are currently:

1) Tesla API integration to automatically keep things like firmware version updated and maybe some other vehicle stats that change. This is the current highest vote getter.

2) “Details” for aftermarket/accessories. This means if an owner indicates they have aftermarket wheels, tires, window tint, etc, a viewer could click on the icon and see what brand it is, how much it cost and how happy the owner is with the accessory. Obviously, owner doesn’t have to provide that info but could. Other members can also “request” the detail info from the owner through the app.

3) Roadster support. This is pretty easy as it’s database driven (no new coding required) but I just need someone from the Roadster community to work with me to help fill out the option list and a few other things I am not sure about.

New survey will be coming soon but the above items are likely the next ones in some order.

@ishabazz As of version 1.1 TotalTesla for iOS is a universal app and works natively on both iPhone and iPad.

That said, it isn't yet optimized for iPad (particularly photos). But with the base work done to make this a universal app (auto layout), it shouldn't be too long until it is optimized for iPad.
Thanks for the update. Now SwiftUI is changing everything. Happy coding.

As a Tesla enthusiast, I worked to create a new website and app (iOS to start, Android in the future) with the intention of providing something some resources that are a bit different than what is available on great forums like here, Tesla's forum, Tesla Owners Worldwide on Facebook, etc. It doesn't compete with the forums. It will be an additional resource.

At launch (Feb 1, 2019), we provide a registry for owners of Tesla Model S, Model X, and Model 3. Working to provide original Tesla Roadster support soon (if you are a knowledgeable Roadster geek, let me know and you could potentially speed that process up!).

TotalTesla

This is a free service. Not selling anything at all. Hope that is cool with moderators. If not, let me know!

Website is available now. iOS app will be submitted to Apple next week and will be available as soon as they approve it.

Owners will be able to list all of their car details, options, colors, battery/trim, etc. as well as upload photos of their cars for others to see and like/love. Everything is very graphical with icons for each option. We also support many aftermarket accessories and customizations - dozens, including things such as dash cams, paint protection film, aftermarket wheels, etc. Show the world (or at least other Tesla owners!) the modifications you have made to make your Tesla distinctive.

Usage is anonymous and handled through usernames - we don't even collect your name. Additionally, various pieces of demographic information we collect (location, age, gender) we either will never display, or leave it up to you whether you want to display it or not. You can login with Facebook, Google or Twitter if you don't want to create yet another username and password combination.

The feature set was also going to include a rotating referral code promotion system that would get everyone's referral codes a bit more notice and distribution - but unfortunately Tesla has announced referral program is going away as you all know. You can still (optionally) enter your referral code - just in case it does return!

Right now we are working on statistic collection and displays that I believe will be a really useful additional resource for Tesla owners. Read more in our About Us and FAQ sections. The more people register their cars, the data will become increasingly complete and provide more valuable insight. And this data will be visualized in various ways and made available to any TotalTesla members who registered their Tesla vehicle(s).

The first 1000 members who register their cars will get a special "Founders" badge when we introduce the badge case (another new feature coming soon).

We have a "Contact Us" link on the website and within the iOS app.

Since this is early days, please let us know if you encounter any bugs or problems. Or have suggestions. Cheers!

Interesting idea. Does any of this duplicate what is already available on other apps/sites? Also, how is this data being used? I presume there is some cost to develop and maintain this data. How are you planning to monetize that info?

Interesting idea. Does any of this duplicate what is already available on other apps/sites? Also, how is this data being used? I presume there is some cost to develop and maintain this data. How are you planning to monetize that info?

The intent is to provide more unique data and functionality. Some of that is starting to get in place, more planned for the future. One big piece - discussion forums - are specifically not planned because there is already TMC, multiple Facebook groups, Trev's Tesla forum, the one hosted by Tesla themselves, etc. Figured the world doesn't need yet another Tesla forum - that's covered.

I'm trying to bring more data-driven information. For example, a planned feature is to allow people to easily enter information about an accessory they added. Let's say window tint. They'd be able to enter the brand, the %, how satisfied they are and even how much they paid (in multiple currencies that we could convert automatically for people in other countries).

So (soon) when people want to know "what kind of tint do Tesla owners use or like?" instead of starting yet another thread in a forum to ask the same question that has already been asked by ten other people in ten other threads, they could come to TotalTesla and see statistically that, say, 40% of owners bought 3M Crystalline vs 20% for Llumar CTX Ceramic vs 15% for FormulaOne Pinnacle, etc. And what darkness/tint level they got. And see an average of how satisfied people are with the tint they selected (think 1 to 4 stars type rating). And even a range of costs. Kind of like a mini Yelp but focused more on stats and numbers rather than text reviews (at least at first).

But it is early days and right now focus is to get enough members so we can prove the reliability of the underlying platform and to collect valuable feedback (either through our Feedback portal or monthly-ish surveys) as to what people would like to see next. There's a potentially long roadmap of potential features and capabilities, but as it's all free and no revenue at this point, we have to really focus on the features that will add the most value in the near term.

There are definitely costs to develop this. One of my friends is an iOS developer and contributes code. But several of the other team members are contractors that have to be paid. And of course there are hosting and storage costs and various other small things that add tend to add up.

Once enough members have signed up and there's enough value to keep the site/app "sticky" enough, then selective advertising (along the lines that TMC does) via aftermarket accessory manufacturers is an option. Also have ideas of having a (very) low cost car selling option (where after a sale, you could transfer a TotalTesla's car's 'profile' to a new owner) as well as some other (more distant future) revenue ideas. Of course there is always Patreon. Right now though, just focusing on adding value and making it more interesting for folks.

@CameronB ,

I ask only out of curiosity: you collect all this information and then sell it to ... whom ?

It is not sold to anyone. Multiple ideas for eventual monetization - but selling user's data is NOT one of those ideas!

To be clear, we do not even ask for your name - we literally don't know who you are. Yes, we do collect email addresses, but that's only so we can send notifications of new features, maintenance alerts, and/or user surveys to understand what our audience would like to see next from among many potential features.

And for the iOS app we are excited to start using the upcoming "Login with Apple" option where you can remain even more anonymous with Apple generating a unique-per-app exclusive email address. This will let us send proxy emails through Apple without us ever having to know your real email address. Win-win.

Thanks for asking the question.

But it's only on Apple. I'm sure all the 14 year old girls with A Tesla will appreciate the app! ;)

Only on Apple at the moment. We have a partially-completed Android app as well. But funding requires choices to be made and there are just other things we are doing first. But we do plan to finish the Android app in the not so distant future. If anyone is an Android developer and wants to donate time to finish it, let me know via private chat :).

The July member survey (which is running late and will be out next week) will ask about Android in relation to other potential/proposed features. Will see what the July data tells us. Anyone who has already signed up at TotalTelsa.com (or the iOS app) by 7/28 will be getting the July member survey and a chance to up-vote Android if that's your thing :)

We plan to partially decode the VIN to either pre-fill some of the information (to expedite the car registration process) or to enable certain other options that otherwise wouldn't be available. For example, if the VIN tells us it's a right-hand drive (say from the UK or Hong Kong), then you'll automatically get a unique RHD icon in the options.

Also in the future, there may very well be a way to sell your Tesla on the site and then, after selling, you can seamlessly transfer the car's profile (and any history of maintenance and accessories installed, how often the firmware gets updated, etc.) to the new owner. There are some other ideas as well that are being considered where a VIN would be useful. We are hopeful that most people will be OK with the current compromise of not displaying the VIN, though we recognize and respect that some may not.