Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOU-C cost difference, seems pretty small?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks.

Those numbers look wrong on the off-peak. I believe ours (E-TOU-C) is about $0.20-$0.21. Peak is $0.41. Maybe they have other charges loaded in there.

Also, PG&E seems to be very opaque about the rate. Even when I log into my account it does give me the rate, nor is it on my latest bill.

Thanks.

Those numbers look wrong on the off-peak. I believe ours (E-TOU-C) is about $0.20-$0.21. Peak is $0.41. Maybe they have other charges loaded in there.

Also, PG&E seems to be very opaque about the rate. Even when I log into my account it does give me the rate, nor is it on my latest bill.
This is the current tariff total rates.

TOU-C Rates.jpg

Since October 1, we have been in the Winter rate season on this schedule.
That means that today's net rates are:
Peak Baseline: $0.23047/kWh
Peak Over Baseline: $0.31700/kWh
Off-Peak Baseline: $0.21314/kWh
Off-Peak Over Baseline: $0.29967/kWh

The rates don't show on the bill when your true-up is tracked on a separate document. If you are solar-only, you should see the actual calculations of kWh usage for each period, the rate and the dollars added to your true-up on the blue bill. If you have Powerwalls, those calculations are done on a separate billing document. The final true-up amount due will be transferred to the blue bill when due.

Thanks.

I just looked at my PGE bill I got yesterday. It is .29 off peak, .31 peak What does your actual bill say?

This is the current tariff total rates.

View attachment 610380
Since October 1, we have been in the Winter rate season on this schedule.
That means that today's net rates are:
Peak Baseline: $0.23047/kWh
Peak Over Baseline: $0.31700/kWh
Off-Peak Baseline: $0.21314/kWh
Off-Peak Over Baseline: $0.29967/kWh

The rates don't show on the bill when your true-up is tracked on a separate document. If you are solar-only, you should see the actual calculations of kWh usage for each period, the rate and the dollars added to your true-up on the blue bill. If you have Powerwalls, those calculations are done on a separate billing document. The final true-up amount due will be transferred to the blue bill when due.

Yep, you complete anaysis better than mide. still seems difference of peak vs off peak to be a dont care since so small?

I just looked at my PGE bill I got yesterday. It is .29 off peak, .31 peak What does your actual bill say?

Like I mentioned mine does not have any rates.

The electrical section reads in totality:
Rate Schedule: NEM2PS B
Rate Description: Net Energy Metering Paired storage
Net Charges: $10.51
---------------------------------
Total Electrical Charges: $10.51

The gas section does go into details and Tier1 and Tier 2 usage charges and rates. It was $39.25

---------------------

Looks like I was wrong on the rates not matching. Sorry

I looked back a few months and found the bill for July: It has electrical rates:
Peak 46.436 kWh @ $0.40249
Off Peak 191.735 kWh @ 0.29943

----------------------

But I still have no idea what I am paying today for electricity.

Last edited:
I just logged in to PG&E
For the B&W bill you have to use drop down box where it has your name Account:
Select manage your accounts and services. It will bring up you electric and gas accounts and then you can drill down to a screen where you can download your bill. The B&W is crazy detailed and somewhat hard to understand

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
I just logged in to PG&E
For the B&W bill you have to use drop down box where it has your name Account:
Select manage your accounts and services. It will bring up you electric and gas accounts and then you can drill down to a screen where you can download your bill. The B&W is crazy detailed and somewhat hard to understand
+1 on this. I totally agree. I also usually end up pointing Google at the PG&E site to find things (using the site: tool ) as I find digging out the details of the rate plans...opaque, at least using PG&E's search tool. Why is it so hard to find things like the times for rate changes on the various rates?

All the best,

BG

+1 on this. I totally agree. I also usually end up pointing Google at the PG&E site to find things (using the site: tool ) as I find digging out the details of the rate plans...opaque, at least using PG&E's search tool. Why is it so hard to find things like the times for rate changes on the various rates?

Because they like to bury it where it's hard to find.

The way you would currently browse to the the detailed tariffs is now:
-from the Home Page go to the bottom links and click "Regulation"
-from that page, click "Tariffs & Rates"
-from that page, go down again to the bottom and click "PG&E Tariff Library"
-on that page, expand "Electric Rate Schedules" and there will be PDF's of each rate plan with the detailed rates, TOU periods, baselines, seasonal periods, everything else .

in recent years, they've made you click through one or two additional pages to get to the actual rate plan details....

Reactions: BGbreeder
that seems really low. We have a 11.8 kW system and yesterday we generated 23.1 kWh

I have a 60-foot tall oak tree that shades the entire roof this time of year. Can't wait until the leaves drop to get some light. And then we get a few months past the winter solstice the sun will be high enough to have a direct view of the roof and solarglass tiles.

Last June we were seeing days of 80-90 kWh since the 12.75 Kw roof has active tiles in all directions. We start generating around 7 AM and did not stop until 7 PM when the sun goes behind the hills. And those generation numbers were with me turning the inverters off and on manually since we were waiting for PTO and I did not want to send power back to the grid.

Last edited: