Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOU charging with ChargePoint home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a ChargePoint home charger that we use with our leaf to charge during the cheapest TOU times, 12am-6am M-F and 12am-2pm SS and holidays. The charger controls everything and this works great.

Our MYLR should arrive next month and I’ve read that controlling charging from the car isn’t optimal as you can only set a start OR a stop time. Can I just leave it to charge whenever plugged in like my leaf and have the charger control the timing? If so, what is the correct setting to do this? Are there any downsides?

We have a ChargePoint home charger that we use with our leaf to charge during the cheapest TOU times, 12am-6am M-F and 12am-2pm SS and holidays. The charger controls everything and this works great.

Our MYLR should arrive next month and I’ve read that controlling charging from the car isn’t optimal as you can only set a start OR a stop time. Can I just leave it to charge whenever plugged in like my leaf and have the charger control the timing? If so, what is the correct setting to do this? Are there any downsides?
Yes, you can. That's how I do it. Simply don't enable either "scheduled" or "departure" charging. If you read old posts you'll see people (me) complaining about the car not waking up when the EVSE turns on, but that doesn't happen any more.

• Helpful
Reactions: alexcue