Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch ID for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm new in the forum although I've been devouring the valuable info you all pour in here and I thank you for that enthusiasm.

My company updated our phones and we switched from Samsung Galaxy SIII to Iphone 6. I'm an apple fan and I love the new Iphone 6 just as much as my Ipad Air but the feature that I found most interesting (and functional) was the touch ID.

At the same time, I was thinking about the key fob and how to evolve it onto something even more easy to use. I don't know about you but I don't like having to carry the keys 'cause I usually forget where I left them, especially if there is more than one.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a touch ID device outside the car and even inside it, maybe in the inner part of the steering wheel where one usually puts the thumb??

It would increase the safety and you wouldn't need to bring anything to open your car, not even your mobile phone. The key fob could still be present of course.

What do you think about it? Should we approach Tesla with the idea??? :smile: