TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

touch screen froze after the car sitting for prolonged time undriven

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by blackscraper, May 27, 2016.

1. blackscraper

blackscraper Member

I parked my 90D in the garage plugged in for 2 weeks without driving it. I opened the door to grab something 4 days ago so the car was awaken then. But I noticed the screen was frozen and did not respond to my touch. The temperature has been quite nice and SOC of the battery was at 47% (down from 50% because the car had not been unplugged and thus not been charged for some days). I had to reboot the screen, and everything went well afterwards.

I guess the software still has some glitches to be fixed. Anyone has the same issue?

2. scottm

scottm Active Member

Mad at you for not driving it.

I say, fair game.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The deeper the sleep, the longer it takes to wake up--almost like people :)

4. roblab

roblab Active Member

My phone did the same thing. I took it to Verizon, and the salesperson did a reboot. Amazing! I guess all software quits working now and then. That's why they teach us how to reboot.

5. BertL

BertL Active Member

#5 BertL, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    OP, FWIW, I've had occurrences of the CID both being dark and asleep for 20-30 secs after entering my MS (it's not booting as there is no Tesla T before it comes on), OR it is on but unresponsive to any touches for a similar period of time. Touches seem to be held and buffered, then released all at once well after the IC is operational, when the CID begins reacting to the previous touches. I personally believe this started occurring after a couple firmware updates ago, but can't prove it. Of note is this can happen after my MS has likely been in a deep sleep having not been driven for several hours or a couple days, but it also sometimes happens after just leaving the MS OFF for 5-10 minutes while I'm in running errands and return when I wouldn't see the logic why Tesla would put MS into a deep sleep when it has plenty of charge, isn't too hot or too cold, etc...

I reported these related conditions to my SC last month. Net is they didn't find a problem with the MCU, but found low available memory in my logs. See other threads on all that. They performed a hard reset. I unfortunately have had the problem crop up once or twice since, so the hard reset didn't help. Please do ensure you report the problem the next time you're in for service -- the more of us that report problem, perhaps it will get a resolution.