Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch screen going mad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lloyds

Apr 3, 2013
Bay Area
So it just started happening today. When I am plugged in to a supercharger, and I touch anything on the screen, it does not prompt the button touched. For example, if I turn on the seat heater for the driver side, it turns the Climate control on. Another example is when I click on the heart prompt (favorites), it will bring up my bass and treble controller. However, when I'm not plugged into a SC, then all works fine. I have also noticed in the last few weeks, a notification that there is an issue to the screen in which the screen doesn't to my prompts. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so, did you need to replace the screen? Thank you.

You wouldn't happen to have the habit of cleaning your screen when you are waiting at the super charger? The first time I cleaned my screen I didn't put it in cleaning mode and then my screen reacted exactly as you describe. It also happens even though I put the screen in cleaning mode, but not as much. I seems to be the static electricity.

You wouldn't happen to have the habit of cleaning your screen when you are waiting at the super charger? The first time I cleaned my screen I didn't put it in cleaning mode and then my screen reacted exactly as you describe. It also happens even though I put the screen in cleaning mode, but not as much. I seems to be the static electricity.

Nope. It all started recently. I rarely clean my screeen as I have the Glareshield anti-fingerprint film on there.