TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touch screen going mad

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by lloyds, Feb 11, 2016.

1. lloyds

lloyds Member

So it just started happening today. When I am plugged in to a supercharger, and I touch anything on the screen, it does not prompt the button touched. For example, if I turn on the seat heater for the driver side, it turns the Climate control on. Another example is when I click on the heart prompt (favorites), it will bring up my bass and treble controller. However, when I'm not plugged into a SC, then all works fine. I have also noticed in the last few weeks, a notification that there is an issue to the screen in which the screen doesn't to my prompts. Wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so, did you need to replace the screen? Thank you.

2. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

Just making sure but.. you have tried rebooting the MCU?

3. lloyds

lloyds Member

Yes, after rebooting, same issue. Only happens when I'm plugged into the supercharger.

4. OnkelDunkel

OnkelDunkel Member

You wouldn't happen to have the habit of cleaning your screen when you are waiting at the super charger? The first time I cleaned my screen I didn't put it in cleaning mode and then my screen reacted exactly as you describe. It also happens even though I put the screen in cleaning mode, but not as much. I seems to be the static electricity.

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Nope. It all started recently. I rarely clean my screeen as I have the Glareshield anti-fingerprint film on there.

6. lloyds

lloyds Member

#6 lloyds, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

Her is a vid I made. Only happens when I am supercharging.

7. tliving

tliving Member

I had issues when dusting my dash with the 17" screen going nuts. I told my SC and they added some grounding straps. Ask your SC about it