Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch Screen Not responsive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know 2022.40.1 didn’t fix it. At first they told me it’s a known software bug and to try the long press/multiple taps fix. When I let them know that didn’t work they accepted the service appt. They are making me bring it in, vs a mobile appt., so they may know something needs to be replaced.

Let us know if the new screen fixes the issue.

Mobile service just left. The new screen works on wake up now, but I need to wait a day or two to call it good (keeping fingers crossed). All overed under warranty, except for the cost of the new screen protector I need to order.

The service guy said, it happens from time to time, but it's not what he would call common. It took him about 10 minutes start to finish.

Mobile service just left. The new screen works on wake up now, but I need to wait a day or two to call it good (keeping fingers crossed). All overed under warranty, except for the cost of the new screen protector I need to order.

The service guy said, it happens from time to time, but it's not what he would call common. It took him about 10 minutes start to finish.
Thanks good to know. They want me to drop the car off with an estimated timeframe of 1-4 days for a fix. Would be nice to just have the screen replaced via mobile service as well.

Reactions: bfayer62
For anyone else reading this thread, here is a message to me from Tesla regarding the issue. This was two weeks ago.

Attachments

• 9B58EFCC-C3DD-420B-A78E-D4AB36FF681D.jpeg
    9B58EFCC-C3DD-420B-A78E-D4AB36FF681D.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 112
Just to add a data point, I was experiencing frequent freezing and “phantom touches” on 2022.36.6 (and I think one software version before that), which were temporarily resolved by restarting. Tesla identified the cause as a hardware issue with the touchscreen, which they replaced last week under warranty. No issues since then.

Reactions: bfayer62
Just to add a data point, I was experiencing frequent freezing and “phantom touches” on 2022.36.6 (and I think one software version before that), which were temporarily resolved by restarting. Tesla identified the cause as a hardware issue with the touchscreen, which they replaced last week under warranty. No issues since then.
Our previous problem was mostly unresponsive, not “ghost touch”, probably we are not the same issue.