TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touch-up Paint Availability Question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Skipdd, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

I have a nice (not) new scratch about 2 inches long (anonymous gift) on the right rear quarter panel and called the SC today to see if they had touch-up paint available. I have Midnight Silver. SC does not have it and unless I'm reading the Tesla accessories site incorrectly, it's not available there either. So, here is the thing - I've had the car just over a year and I checked shortly after I bought the car as well, and the situation was the same then. Is it really the case that Tesla has not had this color available for a year? I asked the SC today and it sounded like they have never had it. I did a quick search on the forum and didn't see this answered anywhere, so I thought I'd ask.

Of course I can ask the body shop, but I know that's going to be expensive..

• Dislike x 1
  2. modelx007

modelx007 Member

That is correct. It has never been available. No one has any answers or information. Sounds hard to believe, I know.

3. zambono

zambono Member

4. zambono

zambono Member

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

6. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

Modelx007 - thanks for confirming I'm not crazy. Zambono and JPP - thanks for the information and links. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

And Snerruc - I'm puzzled as to why you would dislike the post. The point of the forum is to share info for the benefit of all. What's to dislike about asking for help with a problem? Now when someone else searches for this topic, they will find an answer. Actually two..

• Like x 1
  7. f-stop

f-stop Member

I have Deep Blue Metallic (paint code PPSB) and heard the same story from the local service centre after delivery and then again last time I asked a few months ago - they said they've never had the touchup paint in this colour, and it's not available for order on the website. I just checked the website again and I now notice it specifically mentions the deep blue, obsidian black, titanium and midnight silver are all unavailble. Strange.

The SC referred me to a local body shop who would be able to match it, and supposedly even provide a small dab for free - I only have the very smallest of nicks on the bottom edge of the door, so I haven't had a chance to follow up on that offer

8. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

We all need to tweet Elon ...