Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch-up Paint - closest matches?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the four currently available colors - Black, Pearl White, Sig Red, and Silver - what does everyone think is the closest possible match to other manufacturers' paint colors?

My motivation here is to find a "close and acceptable" touch-up paint that is also "widely available" if needed.

For the four currently available colors - Black, Pearl White, Sig Red, and Silver - what does everyone think is the closest possible match to other manufacturers' paint colors?

My motivation here is to find a "close and acceptable" touch-up paint that is also "widely available" if needed.

Well, if you have silver, the aluminium underneath is pretty close, so you won't really need to do anything until the hood and front fenders require a complete repainting (no rusting problem with aluminium). With luck that won't occur for 15+ years.

I think auto manufacturers are required to put the color code on one of the various labels attached to the car. With the code you can match touch up paint very closely.

At least with Toyota, and I assume other carmakers, the body shop will put in the VIN and get the paint code. Doesn't have to be a body shop associated with the dealer either.