Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up paint for 22" Onyx wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first and really bad curb rash yesterday due to the extreme high curb side in SF. For a normal silver alloy wheel, it would have been passable but with a black wheel, it is sticking out like a sore thumb. Anyone know if I can get some touch up paint to cover it up? The scratches are "okay" but the exposed silver is a problem.

TIA

Reactions: cclaygo
image.jpeg

Don't know about touch-up paint, but perhaps you should put on some rim protection. My wheels have Evannex' version; see photo. Perhaps the plastic ring rips off at first curb encounter, but it gives peace of mind that I've done what's possible to keep the wheels nice.

Last edited:
View attachment 185166
Don't know about touch-up paint, but perhaps you should put on some rim protection. My wheels have Evannex' version; see photo. Perhaps the plastic ring rips off at first curb encounter, but it gives peace of mind that I've done what's possible to keep the wheels nice.

Thanks for the advice but in this case, the darn curb is so high that even the spoke was scratched...

Just stopped into a Tesla Showroom and a Service Center attempting to find touch up for my 22" X rims......very hard to avoid all curb contact and rashes are common. Up to now Ive had great luck with using a black indelible Marks-A-Lot pen.....it does take a couple of coats to cover the silver, but it definitely looks better than the rash.

Touch it up with plastidip. Once it dries it goes matte just like the wheels themselves. Best part is that it's peelable. So once the official paint comes out; just peel it off and use the official paint. They sell for about $5 at your local autoparts store.

View attachment 185166
@Norge - I have heard that the Evannex rim protectors eventually come off at high speed - have you had any trouble with them? How long have you had them? With all of the DC parking I do I was thinking about getting them or maybe the ones that actually go on between the tire and the rim...