TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Touch up paint for my 2017 model S Deep blue metallic, any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by hroussel, Aug 24, 2018.

1. hroussel

hroussel Member

I have one tiny scratch on the edge of one door.

After talking with my local service center they mentioned that they didn't have that paint (some explanation about the 3 layer paint, etc, etc).

So I started searching on the net for it. I found sites like paintscratch and colorndrive

But are their colors matching well? Anybody has experience with them?

Thanks.

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

3. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

4. bhawkins4194

bhawkins4194 Member

I bought the touch up paint from Tesla online, just as an FYI that color is on back order as of 8/24. I was told it would be a few weeks before its back in stock. I had to call on my order as it had been two weeks since I ordered it and did not have a shipping notice.

5. Fobble

Fobble Member

#5 Fobble, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    I bought solid white touch up from TouchUpDirect at Amazon, and the color is spot on. Buyers on other colors also gave good reviews. Don't use the brush from the seller. Get some very fine pointed paint stick, and just tap, tap, and don't drag.

6. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

Dr Color Chip's Deep Blue Metallic was a perfect match on our 2015 S. I followed the instructions and while I was only dealing with chips not scratches, it worked perfectly and the chips are no longer visible from a couple of feet away. I filled about 15 places last weekend. Then I had a clear bra (XPEL) put on the nose so that I don't have to go through that again.