Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up paint from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone if it is possible to buy touch-up paint directly from Tesla? How do I even order?

Will SC do any touch-up work?

Looking for MSM to touch-up a small scratch and a few small spots on bonnet and door edges that have gone beyond paint layer.

Otherwise is Chipex the best option?

Attachments

• C82482ED-E9B7-4A16-AC2D-43A96A15470B.jpeg
    C82482ED-E9B7-4A16-AC2D-43A96A15470B.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 128
I heard that the official Tesla paint was not available in UK due to some 'regulatory' (potentially H&S and/or shipping?) issues. But other places will sell something. I've got a tiny stonechip that I have been meaning to retouch with iirc chipex for ages but left for fear of making things worse.

We had an SC do touchup work after they damaged the trailing edge of the bonnet doing some windscreen work. It was much better than I expected considering the time involved and you wouldn't know unless you knew and looked very carefully when car was freshly cleaned. But tbh, I think we were lucky and there was only one person at that SC who whey would allow to do it.

I think its one of those skills that is easy to have a go at and make a mediocre job that if it was you doing it yourself you would be ok with, but its another thing having someone else doing it and not being happy with a less from perfect job. You need to know that the person doing it is experienced to know and carry out all the techniques needed to make a perfect job, rather than taking the luck of the draw from a service centre.

imho.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha