TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touch up paint in Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by agloutney, Apr 10, 2015.

1. agloutney

agloutney Member

So I washed and waxed my car a couple days ago and was amazed at how many paint chips there are on the hood and fenders after this crazy winter. Off I go to the tesla store for a touch up pen. Turns out they have every color...except black! So I'm wondering, given the tesla paint touch up pen isn't exactly getting rave reviews, maybe someone knows of a good source for touch up paint locally? I tried amazon but they don't ship to canada. Or if you've used the Tesla one I'd like to hear about the quality. Did you need to prime the aluminum?

2. green1

green1 Active Member

So they have every colour, except the most popular one?
    Looking at used MS in Canada it appears about 80-90% of the cars are black!

3. agloutney

agloutney Member

Yeah, I should have just went with the blue. It's pretty much black anyways.

4. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Canadian Tires got some. With black you won't go wrong with any, especially for small chips.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Yep. Back is black. My previous Cadillac was black and any good quality brand of black touch up paint will work just fine.

6. agloutney

agloutney Member

Ok thanks, off I go to CT!