Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch-up Paint -- Pearl White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
Where are we supposed to find touch-up paint for Model X Pearl White vehicles?
I found some colors for Model S on Shop.Teslamotors.com but none for the Model X. Some third parties have the plain white and the one item on Amazon (which says it's from Tesla) has poor reviews "Color does not match".

Ideas?

Your local SC should be able to, but probably from outside paint shop anyways. I asked for touch up paint for my midnight silver because the SC chipped the paint of the door handle area. They said while they can order from Tesla shop it’s forever backordered. So they got a bottle of touch up paint for me from the body shop they use and sent it to me. I never used it though because I ended up getting a replacement vehicle.

Did you try this out on Pearl White X? I need to do small touch on my pearl white X and was wondering if it worked for you or not. Thanks

Sorry I have not tried it out yet on the car. It is a 3 part kit. There are base, color, and clear vials and you are not supposed to skip any steps. Also, you need to let it dry between each coat.

I want to try it out on a scrap piece of metal before I do the car. I will see if I can do that this weekend.

Thanks jboy210, let me know. I have couple of spots and when i went to body shop they said it was not worth to go through shop and guy suggested pearl white nail polish to keep it from showing up. So if this works then i would rather do this than keep using nail polish.

Sorry I have not tried it out yet on the car. It is a 3 part kit. There are base, color, and clear vials and you are not supposed to skip any steps. Also, you need to let it dry between each coat.

I want to try it out on a scrap piece of metal before I do the car. I will see if I can do that this weekend.

So any luck with this? I have a scratch on my MX that I need to repair as well. Thanks!!

Yes, I've used this kit below with great success. Paint matches perfectly( Red Multicoat for me).
Follow the instructions, I used the squeegee method and works well to fill in any chip.

If you look closely at the Tesla Site, this is the same kit they offer.

Select Paint Color - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems
Tesla doesn't sell a Pearl White kit. This leaves me to believe that the Dr. Colorchip product doesn't match. I bought one (before Tesla started re-selling) in Pearl White, but I have never used it.

• Helpful
Reactions: BerTX