TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Touch up paint - spray?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mike K

Mike K Member

Hey all. Apparently my wife's i3 has an inferiority complex and smacked the bumper of my S while pulling out of our garage yesterday. There is no damage but there are a few areas of missing paint on the bumper cover.

I ordered the Tesla branded touchup paint last month for a small scratch on my rear bumper but my car is pearl white and that paint - even after vigorous shaking - is so thin that it's nearly impossible to get it not to run and coverage was spotty at best, even after 10 or so coats.

Is there a spray alternative that I'm not aware of? I don't see any realistic way to use the brush applicator on a vertical surface of a white car. The paint is just too thin.

2. JPP

JPP Active Member