TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touch up paint

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AWISEMD, Aug 11, 2014.

1. AWISEMD

AWISEMD New Member

Does the touch up pen work on the plastic bumpers?

2. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Kind of.. It depends.. sort of… maybe.

I had a skuff on the lower lip of my front spoiler, white paint, black underneath. It was pretty obvious. I chatted with the service center on one of my visits about the cost to get a shop to touch it up. While they had the car they asked, and the body shop said $500. um.. yeah.. no.. so the service center took it upon themselves to use touch up paint to make it look as good as it could. In all honestly, it looks a ton better to the point I don’t see it *every time i walk up to my car*, but if it were in a more conspicuous place, I’m not sure it would be enough. Couldn’t hurt to try though eh?

3. galangg

galangg Member

How big a blemish for $500?

4. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Two inches by 1/2 inch, maybe? I think they were quoting the price to blend and buff out the entire front spoiler. Typical for a body shop.

5. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Is the OP describing a TM product that is the actual original paint?

I just curb-rashed a rim so bought a spray can of silver rim paint. Intend to spray it into a paper cup and then use brush to paint rim.
    --

6. galangg

galangg Member

yep.