TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Touch up paint?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by NoVIN4Me, Jun 27, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

Does Tesla sell any touch up paint that matches the body color (mine is obsidian black). Got a small scratch on the trunk (thanks to the trunk not sensing/stopping appropriately). Not obvious. Just want to cover it with same color....

2. Skipdd

Skipdd Member

Well.. Yes and no. Short answer for you is probably "no." On the Tesla website, if you search in Tesla Shop for paint you will see Touch-up paint listed for the S. Am guessing it's the same paint for X. BUT, you will also see that they don't have it available for your color. I encountered the same issue on my S (Midnight Silver). If you search on my posts, you will see the thread, and most importantly, get the info for the Dr ColorChip solution ( Dr. ColorChip Automotive Paint Chip Repair Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems) that others pointed me to. I haven't yet applied it but plan to.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. msnow

msnow Active Member

It's available on the Model S section including Midnight Silver Metallic. It's been several months but they seem to have re-stocked.

4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

image.jpeg

And appears to be out of stock again. Will attempt to include a screenshot.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

I have Dr Color Chip for both of our S (including Obsidian Black). Great system-easy to apply. Excellent match. Make sure you get the 4 letter color code off off the driver's door jamb sticker when you order.

• Helpful x 1
  6. llngoc

llngoc Member

Does anyone know if there is touch up for the Onyx wheels?