Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all

New MS owner (3 weeks) pearl white. I have just put the tint on my windows and in two weeks am putting on a clear bra and one of the nano coatings. I am getting this done as I drive over 72 miles a day on freeways with a lot of semi's.

UNFORTUNATELY I have already received two very minor pits in my front. one on the very bottom ridge under my license plate and one just to the left of the plate. They look like tiny black dots, and no one other than me would probably notice them. My question is this:

1) Before I have my coating and clear bra put on, should I buy some of the Tesla touch up paint and have the detailer installing the coating and bra touch up those spots, or

2) Will having them apply the touch up paint draw attention to the spot? My thoughts are that they are so small, that if they apply the touch up paint, they will also cover some of the actual painted part and it will draw attention.

I have also heard that the clear bra tends to hide things like that so I may not even notice once it is put on.

Any feedback, as always, is appreciated.

Adam

P.S. If anyone is local to southern California, I am getting the work done at Wicked Auto Detailing in Costa Mesa, if that matters.

Our detailers noticed a scratch on our rear quarter panel and wheel well area and took care of it for us before doing our wrap. Ask the guys you are taking it to how they handle this. Don't think you need to be buying touchup paint.

I don't know if it has improved, but I bought the Tesla Pearl White touch-up paint about 6 months ago and it was horrible -- very runny with almost no pigment. I would get the paint elsewhere, as it did more harm than good.

Reactions: BertL