Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchless car wash funny story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
In the past, I used to drive my Corvette into the touchless carwash. You would feel your front tires, gently jump into a “well” and the washer arms would come out to do their thing.

Things have changed. I went to the touchless Petro-Can for a whole new experience. Expecting to have the same experience I had years ago, but not so. The new system kind of pulls you along. All seemed to work until I couldn’t figure out how to put it into NEUTRAL, LMAO! Suffice to say that is was a complete cluster without any damage except to my ego. So after I got out of the cleaner, I parked “Nikola” and looked up how to find Neutral. The station attendant was very kind and accommodating and allowed me to go through again. The job was between “meh” and “feh” so I finished it off with quick detail when I got to my building and garage.

Lesson learned: KNOW WHERE THE NEUTRAL IS…….

Hey @Soul Surfer - sorry to resurrect a mildy older thread, but considering you went to Petro Touchless, did you have any issues with your black window trim after the car wash (discolouration)? Appears to be a problem on the 2021 models.

I was thinking of getting a Petro Wash & Go card (they have a special right now until Jan 3 for 7 washes for 65$).

Did you just get the "basic" wash? I figure most Petro touchless use the same chemicals/processes so I'm very curious about this. There are many many threads of discolouration of the 2021+ black trim.

Hey @Soul Surfer - sorry to resurrect a mildy older thread, but considering you went to Petro Touchless, did you have any issues with your black window trim after the car wash (discolouration)? Appears to be a problem on the 2021 models.

I was thinking of getting a Petro Wash & Go card (they have a special right now until Jan 3 for 7 washes for 65$).

Did you just get the "basic" wash? I figure most Petro touchless use the same chemicals/processes so I'm very curious about this. There are many many threads of discolouration of the 2021+ black trim.
No issues whatsoever. I only go maybe once per week.