TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touchless car wash in Birmingham AL ?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by ElectricTundra, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ElectricTundra

#1 ElectricTundra, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Does anyone know if there is a good drive in (eg, no conveyor) touchless car wash in Birmingham? Searched all over and can't find anything.

(BTW, Logan, the front desk clerk at our hotel, said that his mom in Birmingham has a P85D. If he's yours you've got a great son.)

BTW, does anyone know with some level of certainty how many Tesla's are in B'ham? Someone had told me that there were 3 registered in the metro (Jefferson, Shelby, and St Clair counties). I was thinking this sounded low and saw a post on the Tesla forum that said 27.

2. ElectricTundra

Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone can help.

Thanks,

3. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

I *think* this car wash has one brush and one touchless: https://goo.gl/JBqX5g

It's not super close to town though.

Shelby county was still in the single digits when I registered mine a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember how many the lady said there were but I think I mentioned in a past post.

4. JediNinjaLady

JediNinjaLady Member

@doubleohwhat - Do you think your ad valorem assessment was fair? I'm curious since I have seen others say their taxes raise yearly rather than lowering.

5. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

Eh, fair? No. The total ad valorem was $331.17 and $151.89 went to the city of Hoover plus another $109.56 for the hoover school system. The state and county percentages are definitely fair though. That said, nothing will ever be worse than registering a vehicle in Mountain Brook.

6. ElectricTundra

7. JediNinjaLady

JediNinjaLady Member

@doubleohwhat. Finally got mine registered today!! Now it really feels like mine and taxes were much less than I expected, double win!!

8. JediNinjaLady

JediNinjaLady Member

That was supposed to say thanks...

9. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Member

I had some bird poop and salt on the car from a trip down to the coast this past weekend. So I stopped at the car wash I mentioned above and I'm very pleased with it. $10 gets you a high pressure wash which cleaned off some bugs I figured I'd have to take care of by hand.