Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen appears not to turn off when the car is locked and not being used.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up 2022 Model S Version 2022.12 3 3. Having issues with a few items. Does anyone have a solution to these items or at least have experienced any of them.
One item is that the main touchscreen does not turn off. I have made sure all the doors are closed. I have it parked in my garage. I lock it and the touchscreen stays on. I leave it locked , or open, and leave the car for about 15 mins and go back and it is still on. I have rebooted the car 2x since I bought it home.
Second item is that the walk away door lock does not function. Have tried many different scenarios regarding pairing locks by removing some and then re-pairing them. Phone and FOB. No luck yet with trying to find the right scenario. I have all the parameters in settings configured correctly....even called Tesla support and went over the settings configuration.
Does anyone know how to fix it? I have a service appt. on the 19th to bring it in for multiple body panel alignment issues and a few other items.
Also I was surprised that the seam sealant in the hatch areas were applied very poorly and aesthetically it looks like a mess......this is a white car so the seam sealant really stands out. I have not noticed the seam sealant in other Teslas that I have previously owned.

...One item is that the main touchscreen does not turn off. I have made sure all the doors are closed. I have it parked in my garage. I lock it and the touchscreen stays on. I leave it locked , or open, and leave the car for about 15 mins and go back and it is still on. I have rebooted the car 2x since I bought it home.
When your car is locked and the keys (fob/phone) are out of range, the screen should turn off. Did you check with your phone app to make sure it's locked? And if you approach your car to inspect it, were the keys out of reach?
I have all the parameters in settings configured correctly....even called Tesla support and went over the settings configuration.
If Tesla walked you through the configuration and it's not fixed, sounds like it's time for Service Center.
...Also I was surprised that the seam sealant in the hatch areas were applied very poorly and aesthetically it looks like a mess...
No surprise here: It's a fit-and-finish QA problem unless Tesla will prioritize quality.

When your car is locked and the keys (fob/phone) are out of range, the screen should turn off. Did you check with your phone app to make sure it's locked? And if you approach your car to inspect it, were the keys out of reach?

If Tesla walked you through the configuration and it's not fixed, sounds like it's time for Service Center.

No surprise here: It's a fit-and-finish QA problem unless Tesla will prioritize quality.

Turned out it was the seat sensor which TESLA did replace. It is working fine now. I did read that someone else in 2021 had the exact problem.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz and Tam