Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen is unusable for every drive I take

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone help me!

I've been having an ongoing issue with my 2022 Model 3 LR for about 1 month now.

The touchscreen will freeze after a few seconds of using it and it will reboot in a continues cycle for the entirety of every drive I take.

This is a serious safety hazard because I cannot even see how fast I'm going! The music cuts out every time it reboots--which is about every 2 minutes.

I am beyond frustrated at this point.

I have an appointment scheduled for August 24th. So it will be almost 2 months before someone has even looked at the car with a serious problem like this. I originally had a mobile appointment scheduled for August 10th but they decided to cancel it without my consent.

Tesla's service is an absolute joke.

I've driven to the service center twice and they refuse to look at the car. It's frustrating because the touchscreen will work once in a blue moon when departing from a strong Wi-Fi connection. When I go to the Tesla service center and connect to their Wi-Fi, it will work perfectly! No kinks whatsoever. Even for the entire drive home from the service center!
However, if I stop & get out of the car, the problem will start again.
So I'm thinking it might be a connectivity issue? Maybe the update has stalled and is causing all of this?

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I feel as though they should be able to fix this issue over the air.

Either way, Tesla is neglecting to recognize this as a safety concern.

I guess I might have received a lemon.

If anyone has any tips or possible solutions it will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

There are actually lots of reports of this in the situation when the USB drive is full (which is likely why both @GtiMart and @BigNick mentioned the USB drive). Count me in as another person who suggests to either remove the USB drive from the car (its in the glove box in your car) or, alternatively, re format it using the cars interface.