TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Touchscreen Keyboard

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by K1Woods, Aug 25, 2017.

1. K1Woods

K1Woods New Member

Hello all - I'm a new 2014 CPO S85 owner. Love the car, met all my expectations. However, I seem to be having an issue with my touchscreen virtual keyboard. Keys on lower part of the keyboard don't track properly. e.g. attempting to type a letter "m" results in characters to the left and right of it. I get double and single characters at times, etc. In some cases hitting "m", recognizes as "x" from the opposite side. All random regardless of finger pressure and position around the key. Keys at the top of the keyboard work perfectly but the bottom row keys render it unusable. A phone call to my local service center indicated this is a common, known issue across the range??? They also mentioned that this was a highly discussed item in the Tesla forums and a software update in the future would eventually "fix the issue"??

Anyone ever hear or experience this?

- Kevin

2. K1Woods

K1Woods New Member

Update: Just heard back from service center, screen will need to be replaced. Thanks

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

That makes a lot more sense than 'everyone has it' and 'software update will fix' it.

• Like x 1