TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Touchscreen Needs Service

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Gas Guzzler, May 26, 2016.

1. Gas Guzzler

Gas Guzzler Member

This error popped up today when starting my car. I did a reset of the touch screen and was on my way. Anyone else encounter this problem?

IMG_1431.JPG

2. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

One time. I also did a reset and have not had a recurrence

3. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I got the same issue today around the same time you reported this.
    Initially I was thinking "oh gosh here it starts" as I have read too many horror stories here and my car is barely a week old but a quick reboot with the scroll wheels fixed the problem.
    Last week, 2 days after delivery, my backup cameras image was flipped around and I had to reboot to correct that as well.

4. evp

evp Nerd

That happened to me last week. I had the SC look at the logs; they said there was a USB device acting up. I have my tunes in a 200GB USB stick. I re-seated it, rebooted, no problems since.

5. Softwizard

Softwizard Member

I've had it happen twice. I didn't think to ask the Service Center to check the logs. My iPhone6S was plugged into the car both times. Hasn't happened in several weeks