Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen not functioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh, I had issues when I went to 2022.36.2 with freezing every time the car went to sleep. I had to soft reset it multiple times a day. The newer software update fixed the issue. Looks like you’re already on a newer version though.

I also reported the same issue with my Model 3 LR - since I took delivery in early Dec 2022, I've had to reboot the touchscreen for this exact issue 5 times (four times in the first four weeks, and the last time just today). I requested a service appointment after the fourth time two weeks ago, and they first set me up with a mobile appointment. But after asking for more details of the issue, they told me it was either an issue with the touchscreen or the cable to the touchscreen and said I would have to bring it in because they could not resolve with a mobile appointment. Then I had to wait 2 wks for the service appointment. So we'll see what they say when I finally am able to have them look at it.

I also reported the same issue with my Model 3 LR - since I took delivery in early Dec 2022, I've had to reboot the touchscreen for this exact issue 5 times (four times in the first four weeks, and the last time just today). I requested a service appointment after the fourth time two weeks ago, and they first set me up with a mobile appointment. But after asking for more details of the issue, they told me it was either an issue with the touchscreen or the cable to the touchscreen and said I would have to bring it in because they could not resolve with a mobile appointment. Then I had to wait 2 wks for the service appointment. So we'll see what they say when I finally am able to have them look at it.
Update: I had to leave my car for 2 days (they actually told me they would need it for 3 days but after 2 they couldn't resolve the issue so returned it a day early). They said it is likely an issue with the controller that manages the dimming and brightening of the touchscreen. Tesla engineering is aware of the issue - meaning, it's been reported by enough users it's been discussed in an internal discussion board with R&D - and a fix will be provided in a "future firmware release." No estimated date for that release. In the meantime, all I can do is submit Bug Reports every time it happens.
You can submit bug reports verbally from the car - I did not know about this - by pressing the voice prompt button on the steering wheel and saying "Bug Report" and then verbally describing the issue. Then (after rebooting the touchscreen), you touch the car icon at the bottom left of the touchscreen, and it submits your verbal bug report with any logs the car collects at that time.

Took delivery recently. A few times already, whenever I get into the car the touchscreen is black but the music is playing and the car is still driveable. I've had to do a system reset a few times already. Has anyone had this issue as well?
Hello: I have had to reset my screen about 4 times since December 15th,2022, which was my delivery date. I just stopped the car, did a two button reset and drove on. I cant explain them but I do not want to have to bother Tesla to do any computer troubleshooting!