Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen not registering touches correctly on entertainment system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2020 Model S. In the last week or two, there have been numerous occasions when I touched a particular "favorite" channel, such as Sirius channel 8, but a different favorite channel (typically another Sirius channel but could also be one of the favorited FM channels) is activated. It's almost like the touchscreen is not registering the "hits" accurately. This does not happen every time, but often enough to be annoying.

It could be related to recent software updates...or not.

Anyone else with this problem?

The channels are scrambled in Sirius, and don't reflect the correct channel lineup after Sirius changed them. Tesla needs to rework Sirius, but no one knows how to contact the programmers. Most of us have the whole app disappearing after an update for several days, and a scratchiness static, particularly when changinging the volune.

I would argue that there is one way to eventually reach the programmers and it's by filing a service request. The service tech will look at the car, won't be able to fix anything but should report it using the normal internal means towards engineering. That's how most software companies work. I would love to have a more direct channel, like support forums for software where some developers might lurk, but Tesla doesn't have an official one.

I would argue that there is one way to eventually reach the programmers and it's by filing a service request. The service tech will look at the car, won't be able to fix anything but should report it using the normal internal means towards engineering. That's how most software companies work. I would love to have a more direct channel, like support forums for software where some developers might lurk, but Tesla doesn't have an official one.
I'll admit, I haven't opened a ticket up on this yet, becasue it is a 3 hour drive for me to take the car to the shop. However, others have done this, and Sirius hasn't been working correctly for at least 6 months.

I'm not going to defend the development team having too little regression tests. However, no one can blame them if they are not aware of a problem. They must become aware in order to fix it. Since the only way Tesla officially provides is to file service requests, I suggest everyone that has the problem do that. Technically, you shouldn't have to drive to a service center, this is the type of thing that the tech should be able to "diagnose" remotely. The more reports they get of a specific problem, the higher the priority should be.

Reactions: DerbyDave
The channels are scrambled in Sirius, and don't reflect the correct channel lineup after Sirius changed them. Tesla needs to rework Sirius, but no one knows how to contact the programmers. Most of us have the whole app disappearing after an update for several days, and a scratchiness static, particularly when changing the volume.
Not sure what you mean scrambled. For example channel 8 is indeed songs of the 1980s. So it's the right channel. But the touchscreen is glitchy in selecting channels and I have also experienced the disappearing app twice in the last 10 months and also noticed the scratchy static changing volume.

There are several channels I do not listen to that were reorganized by SiriusXM months ago. Tesla still has them in the old channel locations, and the new channel locations are also incorrecly displayed. For instance, Channel 6 used to be '60s on 6. Now it is The Coffee House, even though it shows '60s on 6 until you go into the channel detail by selecting the channel. '60s on 6 is now on a way-up channel. There are others. I think Met Opera was another. The channels are scrambled.