Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen Unresponsive FW Ver. 2021.3.105

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning folks. I’m posting this to help out a buddy of mine. He has a 2021 Tesla Model Y Long Range. He took delivery last week and only has 200 miles on the odometer.

He explained to me that at times his touchscreen is either completely unresponsive or extremely slow. His Firmware is 2021.3.105. He has tried the soft reset and hard reset and even mentioned doing a factory reset on the screen. He currently has his profile set to advanced updates in an attempt to get a future update that may fix his issue. Do you guys think disconnecting the 12v battery will have any benefit to try and rectifying the issue?

I myself have a 2021 MYP AND M3 SR + and not experiencing any of the issues he mentions.

Attached is a link with a video he took earlier today.

I would have your friend create a service request through their Tesla App. This should be something that the Mobile Service technician can address. It might be as simple as the cable not being fully inserted into the screen socket or a bad screen, etc.