Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touchscreen wake up issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 would wake up normally with my wife's iPhone. Meaning she walks up to the car, touches the door handle, the car and touchscreen wake up and are ready to go by the time she gets in. When I approach with my Samsung S8+ the car would open but even after buckling my seatbelt the touchscreen still wouldn't come on but it worked fine the first couple days we had the car. (Today is the fifth day so we're still learning.) To get the screen on I would shift into reverse, then try drive, then park (all with my foot on the brake) and finally it would wake up. But my wife's phone worked without fail.

What got my phone working was, on my phone go to Settings>Apps> Tesla app> Storage> Clear cache> Force Stop. I don't know what part of that sequence is critical and what isn't but it worked. The first time I approached the car, the touchscreen in the car (I was doing this late at night so the bright screen got my attention) told me to unlock with the keycard. I did and the screen was ready to rock before I sat down. So I got out, closed the door, walked out of range, came back and it's worked three times in the last hour so I think I solved the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond