Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ToughPro floor mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got ToughPro mats from amazon, they fit great. I had them add coverage in the rear between the seats up to the center console, which was missing in the OEM mats. They are still a bit curled at the ends in the pictures from having been rolled up in shipping but I'm sure they'll flatten in no time. Recommended

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792RW471/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5ZqzAbMPVB0H0

Attachments

• IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 1,339
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 1,251
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 1,254
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    471.5 KB · Views: 1,249
I am just not thinking that would give any type of protection that I am used to compared with a Weathertech/Husky/MaxSpider. I know those aren't available it this time and have no eta. Those look pretty spartan. Like if I spilled anything or have frozen boots and such that it would hold no water. If it did hold water I would end up spilling it upon trying to remove it from the car. Hey your in CA, I am in a bunker with Ice chunks and mud currently. So Floor mat is a Floor mat. All depending on your POV.

I am just not thinking that would give any type of protection that I am used to compared with a Weathertech/Husky/MaxSpider. I know those aren't available it this time and have no eta. Those look pretty spartan. Like if I spilled anything or have frozen boots and such that it would hold no water. If it did hold water I would end up spilling it upon trying to remove it from the car. Hey your in CA, I am in a bunker with Ice chunks and mud currently. So Floor mat is a Floor mat. All depending on your POV.

Agreed, these don’t have enough coverage to protect against Northeast winters.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors and Thp3
Just got ToughPro mats from amazon, they fit great. I had them add coverage in the rear between the seats up to the center console, which was missing in the OEM mats. They are still a bit curled at the ends in the pictures from having been rolled up in shipping but I'm sure they'll flatten in no time. Recommended

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792RW471/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5ZqzAbMPVB0H0

Looks from your picture that the drivers mat could extend to the right about another 1.5 inches protecting the wear from the juice pedal use.

I've had these style mats for the previous 3 cars as well (including Model S), and they work well for containing liquids since each hexagon is a little well. I detest OEM carpet mats for the same reason I don't prefer carpet in my home--impossible to clean and don't contain anything but dirt. Granted they are not of the moulded variety, and when those become available, I may reconsider (especially the Kagu Maxpider 3D...). But I also don't like the hard "plasticy", gritty (when soiled) feeling underfoot with the weathertech variety--had some for a while in MS. Still gives me the creeps, like fingernails on chalkboards. I prefer a rubber-like mat like these.

I like the hexagon pattern actually, I think it gives it a modern feel...

Reactions: Thp3
Looking forward to some true all weather mats for the Model 3. I have a set in my Jeep right now and they are pretty much mandatory when traveling around the Northeast in the snow and all that mess.

The mats that people are showing online and youtube are no better than floor mats. They still let water leak into the foot well.

Looking forward to some true all weather mats for the Model 3. I have a set in my Jeep right now and they are pretty much mandatory when traveling around the Northeast in the snow and all that mess.

The mats that people are showing online and youtube are no better than floor mats. They still let water leak into the foot well.
Agree, Weathertech has these types of mats (floorliners) for the Model S/X and hopefully will have them soon for the 3.

I would recommend contacting WeatherTech to ask them for floor mats for the Model 3. I have talked to them several times and they don't sound like they have any idea that the Model 3 is being delivered. They wrote and said, "We suggest checking with Tesla for a time line on their product." I encourage everyone to Contact a guy named Del at WeatherTech [email protected] and Ask for Model 3 floor mats. & be nice . . .

I would recommend contacting WeatherTech to ask them for floor mats for the Model 3. I have talked to them several times and they don't sound like they have any idea that the Model 3 is being delivered. They wrote and said, "We suggest checking with Tesla for a time line on their product." I encourage everyone to Contact a guy named Del at WeatherTech [email protected] and Ask for Model 3 floor mats. & be nice . . .

Done and yes I was nice!

Reactions: nvx1977 and ekw0357
Another +1 for WeatherTech. For those who don't know, if you live in snowy climes and have sand/salt all over the roads, WeatherTechs are what you need. They are form-fitted to the foot wells of your specific model, and they go up the sides, so nothing is going to seep off the edges into the car's upholstery.

Reactions: ekw0357
I sent a nice note to Weathertech asking about the Model 3 and this is the response I got

Good Afternoon Tim,

Thank you for being a WeatherTech customer.

I looked into your Tesla Model 3. It shows that the All-Weather Mats for both 1st and 2nd row have an ETA of about 8-10 weeks.

I would like to offer you a link that will let you know when your product is ready.

Reactions: PoitNarf