Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ToughPro Mats and VINs Greater than F022381

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick heads up for those of you looking for rubber mats. I bought the ToughPros for my MX 6 seater with a later VIN, and the fit was acceptable, but not perfect. I contacted them, and sent them my Tesla OEM rear mats to laser cut these to later VIN specs. Now they are a perfect match, so any later VIN MX owners would do well to check these out, as they are the only available rubber all-weather mats to be a perfect match for VINs greater than F022381.

Trolling Amazon for stuff to buy for the car, I came across these mats. No reviews so I took the plunge and ordered them. Not a perfect fit for the driver and passenger side but I was able to Velcro the parts that needed to stay in place. Looks awesome and much easier to clean and remove from the car then the heavy honeycomb mats that are available. BTW, it's advertised as leather but it's more of a tough vinyl with a rubber backing. It attaches to the floor of the car with clips.

Amazon.com: Okutech Custom Fit XPE Leather 3D Full Surrounded Waterproof Car Floor Mats for Tesla Model X (2 seat on the second row),Black with red stitching: Automotive

Trolling Amazon for stuff to buy for the car, I came across these mats. No reviews so I took the plunge and ordered them. Not a perfect fit for the driver and passenger side but I was able to Velcro the parts that needed to stay in place. Looks awesome and much easier to clean and remove from the car then the heavy honeycomb mats that are available. BTW, it's advertised as leather but it's more of a tough vinyl with a rubber backing. It attaches to the floor of the car with clips.

Amazon.com: Okutech Custom Fit XPE Leather 3D Full Surrounded Waterproof Car Floor Mats for Tesla Model X (2 seat on the second row),Black with red stitching: Automotive

Can you share some pictures of the final product?

Any pics of the old versus new mats? I like the hexagon look more than the circles from Lloyd's, but has anyone compared the two up close?

The pics on amazon show that they still have the curve on them.

The new ones don't have the curve on them, and match the OEM carpet. Here is a picture:
IMG_2627.jpg

Not to hijack this thread, but these mats looks pretty damn good. Can you share more of where you had to Velcro? Sucks the delivery time is a month coming from China, but I can't see why I would go with the rubber over these. How hard are they to wash?

Actually, it took 9 days. They are light and the clips are easy to remove so it's a quick swipe with Armor All wipes. Velcro didn't work as expected but I think double sided tape works just as fine. I thought the hooked portion of the Velcro would adhere to the flooring but it didn't. I'm sure someone will hack a way to make it work. It comes in different colors and stitchings. I really like it, gives it a rich feel when you are in the car.

For those asking for a link: Amazon.com: ToughPRO Tesla Model X floor Mats Set and Trunk Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty - Black Rubber -(2017) 6 Seater only: Automotive

These are the late VIN custom cut mats.

I use my MX for mountain bike shuttling, and the ToughPro honeycombs and heavy duly rubber is exactly what I need when four muddy dudes in armor are my passengers.

I like the close fit, and the fact that once rolled out these mats do not move. I just vacuum them for now, without removing them.

I agree with @jnt76 that they are tricky to remove, but I figured out the technique: there is a way to roll them before getting them in and out of the car.

I personally find the TopFit-style to look like the inside of humidor, and I dislike the look so much I'd rather have no rubber mats than the red stitched abomination @jnt76 recommends. Per the pictures, they don't even hold flat in the rear.

Obviously taste is relative... to each his own. For me, fit is most important, and since the newly cut ToughPros are the only late VIN rubber mats with a perfect fit that I know of, I thought I would share. This wasn't intended to be another floor mat comparison thread.

For those asking for a link: Amazon.com: ToughPRO Tesla Model X floor Mats Set and Trunk Mats Set - All Weather - Heavy Duty - Black Rubber -(2017) 6 Seater only: Automotive

These are the late VIN custom cut mats.

I use my MX for mountain bike shuttling, and the ToughPro honeycombs and heavy duly rubber is exactly what I need when four muddy dudes in armor are my passengers.

I like the close fit, and the fact that once rolled out these mats do not move. I just vacuum them for now, without removing them.

I agree with @jnt76 that they are tricky to remove, but I figured out the technique: there is a way to roll them before getting them in and out of the car.

I personally find the TopFit-style to look like the inside of humidor, and I dislike the look so much I'd rather have no rubber mats than the red stitched abomination @jnt76 recommends. Per the pictures, they don't even hold flat in the rear.

Obviously taste is relative... to each his own. For me, fit is most important, and since the newly cut ToughPros are the only late VIN rubber mats with a perfect fit that I know of, I thought I would share. This wasn't intended to be another floor mat comparison thread.

Yeah I just got these last week for my car and correct the new cut for the 6 seaters fits now, I thought they would have fixed the big trunk mat when the 3rd row is down but they didn't they still use the old one so this still don't fit well just a heads up, still works but is not perfect...at least the middle row is fixed to the newer VIN

A quick heads up for those of you looking for rubber mats. I bought the ToughPros for my MX 6 seater with a later VIN, and the fit was acceptable, but not perfect. I contacted them, and sent them my Tesla OEM rear mats to laser cut these to later VIN specs. Now they are a perfect match, so any later VIN MX owners would do well to check these out, as they are the only available rubber all-weather mats to be a perfect match for VINs greater than F022381.
Who did you contact specifically? I got the mats for my 7 seater, but it still has the third row gap.