Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tour d’Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Editor's note: This entertaining bit was sent in by EE Times Guru Dwight Bues (Charles Picek's nephew). The events recounted here took place in the Fall of 2010. More EV charging stations have been popping up across the country (see more info in Brian Fuller's Drive for Innovation posts). And if he took the same trip now, Mr Picek would probably have a much easier time plotting his course. Have any info on new charging stations between Ft. Myers and Daytona Beach? Please go ahead and post your updates in the comments field.

Oh, and Dwight says that Charles Picek now has a Tesla Model S on order. I only hope I'm so energetic at 90!

Tour d' Tesla

I originally conceived of the Tour d’Florida when my friends Cliff and Doris (who live in Daytona Beach) invited me for a visit. I also own a Lincoln, but I thought that with a little ingenuity and some preparation, I could drive there and back in the Tesla. So, I finally DID make the big trip to the East Coast…after the second try. Apparently part of the preparation is making a LOT of phone calls.