Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tour de France in a Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am the editor of TechVehi.com, I partened with Fabrice Capitaine a french eco-pilot to do the first Tour de France in an electric vehicle!

The objective, 3400 kms (2112 miles) in only 7 days with our Tesla Roadster, you can find more details on the event's page here.

The adventure starts next Saturday, I will post images and texts on this thread and on our site.

Cheers!

Very cool.

It would be helpful if you could post where you are charging and at what current, as some of us would also like to drive in France.

I will give indications on charging during the Tour, here is the map of our stops.
Carte_sponsors.jpg

sounds like a great idea.... let me have the details :smile:

Hi Kevin,

Some of our stages are long, but we can surely meet!
Here is our route from South to North

Wednesday 14: St Tropez _ Monaco _ Venelles (13770)
Thrusday 15: Venelles _ Salaise sur Sanne (38150) _ Hospices de Beaune (21200)
Friday 16: Beaune _Troyes (10000) and finish in Paris

Here is a quick video of the Roadster in Le Mont St Michel

More videos to come and here is a glimpse at today's pictures
P1010426.jpg
P1010286.jpg

French police called the Roadster their next "customer"...

Last edited by a moderator:
We just ended the Tour de France this Friday, 3400km in 7 days, we achieved a minium consumption of 121Wh/km over a leg, average speed between 80 and 90kph.

After the first video here are videos from 2 to 5

Bordeaux, good wine and charcuterie...

St Tropez, sweet road of La Garde Freinet

Monaco, charging at the Automobile Club

Paris, arriving in the middle of a supercar reunion, "Rallye de Paris" and spotting an Exagon Furtive eGT protoype

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite...
Waking at 5 am every morning, driving from 6 to 9 am, charging, then driving again from 3 to 6 pm, tough week!

Very happy about the car, no problem faced apart from charging times on 16Amps and a ticking clock that obliged to leave for some destinations with an ideal range under the kilometers we had to do (max 10km of difference), we always managed to arrive with some range left.

I see that you stopped at a new charging point in Rouen.

10mars2012 | Tesla | Premier Tour de France en voiture lectrique : jour 1 | Voiture electrique, vehicules hybrides, velo electrique, mobilite verte: TechnologicVehicles.com, showroom et actualites

I'm very happy that Rouen has charging now because that means London to Le Mans is now possible (via Ashford). :) :)

Do you have details on what current it supports and what plug type it is please?

EDIT: This page would suggest they are 43kW, am I right? CREA - Communauté de l'Agglomération Rouen Elbeuf Austreberthe - Transports / Mobilité - CREA'VENIR

Ces bornes peuvent accueillir tous les types de véhicules électriques. Contrairement aux générations précédentes, elles sont compatibles avec une technologie de recharge semi-rapide (30mn environ) que proposeront certains types de véhicules à partir de 2012.

I see underneath that it says they are considering equipping A13 service areas with rapid chargers. Can we have Aire Nord de Bosgouet please? :)