Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow bar on facelift Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car two weeks ago and just got this installed today. It fits perfectly. I am very happy with it.

Torklift updated the installation instructions to fit the refreshed rear bumper. They just moved the hole you cut under the bumper forward by half an inch to accommodate the slight change in the bumper shape.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Got my car two weeks ago and just got this installed today. It fits perfectly. I am very happy with it.

Torklift updated the installation instructions to fit the refreshed rear bumper. They just moved the hole you cut under the bumper forward by half an inch to accommodate the slight change in the bumper shape.
Awesome. Would you recommend 1.25 or 2" receiver for bike carriers?

Yup, I ordered the hitch directly from Torklift Central's website. Shipping was super quick.

Don't tow, I just use it with a 1up USA bike rack. I am a mountain biker.

I went with the 1.25" receiver since my current bike rack fits that size. If you already have a bike carrier that requires a 2" receiver then get the big one. The nice thing about this hitch is that you can switch to the other sized receiver by buying the other adapter later for about $100.

The one thing about having a hitch bike rack is that it sets off the rear ultrasonic sensors so no blind spot detection :). I wonder how it works on the X with a bike rack...

Me. I got mine installed today in Oshawa Ontario. Surprisingly, it took them over 4 hours to install just the hitch.

I ended up with the 2" receiver (not my own doing) and it looks HUGE off the tail end of the car. I'd recommend the 1 1/4 receiver.

My car is a '16 refresh and the install went totally fine. Looking forward to towing some bikes around soon!