Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
took my cover off last weekend for the first time to install the bike rack. I tried to be careful but still broke one of the tabs. It is a poor design. I am surprised no one has offered a better cover given all the other bits and accessories one can buy. 3-D printing?

Go to ETSY and search for Model Y Pop Hitch. Peter has done an incredible job of creating the perfect cover plate. I just received mine and it is great.

Attachments

• pop hitch.jpg
    pop hitch.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 223
I bought a rubber automotive hole plug from Amazon and I'm very happy with the way it looks...

I bought a set of stick on wheel caps and Velcro’d it to plug the hole, I also drilled an extra hole on the inside of the cover so you can hook your finger inside of the hole, so it is easy to take off, I am done in under 10 seconds! The red T logo matches my wheels
5C16DD7B-8B55-4E3C-95CC-6686516C4A92.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: Noflash
I use these to get my cover off and they work perfectly. Have had my cover of 6-8 times not a broken tab..the car looks cleaner without the hole IMO.

Attachments

• B9DC0006-319B-48CF-9ED2-959A3C73B874.jpeg
    B9DC0006-319B-48CF-9ED2-959A3C73B874.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 104