Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

Jun 24, 2019
Florida
There have been conflicting reports that stealth would not be manufactured anymore. When I contacted Tesla and asked, the person I spoke with said he doesn't know what will happen with stealth and recommended for me to change the order.

I have seen reports that they are making the last batch of them and online chat support saying they will be honored. I’m hoping for that as I can’t believe what a salesperson says when it involves them unloading their product on me.

I’m holding out until it’s clear cut not happening. If I find another wheel option maybe I’ll change to PuP but starting to drift back towards a new S instead.

HawkIrish

Aug 5, 2020
Iowa
For what it's worth; I thought the Tow Hitch was slowing down my order as well (granted, I ordered four weeks ago yesterday). But it seems from some forums that a new batch of Tow-Hitch-Installed cars are getting done this month! Just got my VIN last night (35XX). Keep the faith!

Poncherelly

Jun 12, 2019
Ottawa
Installed an OEM hitch last week after receiving my MY at the end of June. Unfortunately the purpose of the hitch (to hold 4 bike) won't work since there is a max "hinge weight " of 160lbs :/

HawkIrish

Aug 5, 2020
Iowa
Waiting on my 7/18 order. Did you get your VIN via text, email, or source code?

Just to give you another data point; I have no VIN assigned to my account, nor have I received an email or text. I ordered 7/7 (White Ext./Black Int./19" Geminis/Tow Hitch), and MVPA hit my account fairly late on Tuesday (8/4) evening (about 9PM Central Time). Still waiting for an actual VIN assignment!

FrankTUTB

Jun 27, 2020
Mississippi, USA
Hello again, all.
I just got a text stating my Y should be ready for delivery in 3-5 weeks. I ordered on June 25, so it looks like my overall estimated time went from 4-8 weeks to 9-11 weeks.

I don't mind. That just means I'll be getting a Y that has more factory worker experience building it.

Blue Performance, ordered with PUP originally. B/W interior.. and this is the Tow Hitch forum after all, so you know I ordered that also.

And a $12 garage door opener that works with my WiFi, so yeah...

Blue_Skies

Jul 30, 2020
MN
ordered Blue LR AWD/induction/All Black/Tow Hitch on 8/2. Taking delivery on 8/8. VIN 34xxx. luckily im close to fremont but the light is at the end of the tunnel for y'all!
you lucky duck! Mines almost same...just white interior. Ordered 7/18...waiting contract

hughesl

Aug 6, 2020
Seattle
Ordered MY white ext/all black int/19”/tow hitch on 7/29. Rep at the store said that realistically, I would get my car in 1-3 weeks, not the original 4-8. Got an update text today saying that delivery was going to take 5-8 weeks from TODAY! Anyone else has been through this? This wait is killing me!

jf64k

May 9, 2020
Los Angeles
I’ve got an LR, MSM/black, Gemini, No FSD, Tow on order (05/12/2020). Had a VIN end of June, but had to give it up after I was COVID-19 positive.

I got a text today saying they had my config available, but without the hitch. The text said that if I decide to wait, it could be “days to weeks” before I get one (of course, haha!!).

I’m tempted to pay the extra $200 for SC install...my wife got her LR, Red/White, Gemini, No FSD, No Tow last week and she’s loving it. And I’m looking longingly at it every time I leave for work in my 2017 Bolt haha!!

Decisions, decisions.

Update: Got a delivery date of 08/14. With tow hitch. Keep the faith, haha!!

Reactions: FrankTUTB

jp5280

Aug 9, 2020
Denver, CO
I'll poke my head in and say hi. I'm in Denver and ordered a black/black MYP (with upgrade) + hitch on 6/28. Awaiting VIN. I received a text last week stating 2-5 weeks. I currently drive a 2017 S 90D, so the wait isn't bothering me as much as I'm sure it is some of you. :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC