Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't tried removing the back cover yet but is it hard for the first time and do you just use a plastic pry tool to take it off?

I'm waiting for my hitch to arrive and be installed. Fingers crossed its done before the end of the month when e go camping.

LivingTesla came out with some 3D printed levers Model Y Hitch Cover Removal Tools | LivingTesla

And FWIW, Absract Ocean said they’re coming up with a solution for a more easily removable cover.

Reactions: Graffi
Hello, 10 days after the last post.

Looking at the order & delivery spreadsheet, it definitely seems like tow hitch orders, specifically on performance models, are being delayed.

My order from 6/25 is a Blue/White Performance (PUP) with, of course, a tow hitch.

Does anyone else feel like the tow hitch is (still/potentially) causing a delay?

• Disagree
Reactions: gtbuzz
LivingTesla posted the link to the STL here: Hitch Cover is Kind of a Pain to Remove
For the record, I printed 2 of these and they do work well. I would recommend more infil to make the tool strong ... I did 25% and I broke one quickly. I will print again with stronger material (PETG) and see how those turn out. All in all, if you can't print your own and want a form factor tool to leave in the car ... these to work well without scratching up your car so probably worth purchasing on line from LivingTesla ...

Reactions: Graffi
Wanted to update this thread, as others might not read the others I am following. I made a second order exact configuration without the tow hitch on 07/15/2020. I got VINs for both of them on 07/18/2020. I checked the tracker sheet and it seems like those that have input their info, theres only about 5-6 of us with the MSM, white interior, TH, and 19" wheels. Pretty cool

sell one. Come on don't force me to buy a 3d printer and get crafty :confused:
LOL I was going to ask for where you saw one since I have a printer :D

As for designing one, it's doable but my print surface can't do the size of the cover. I'd have to make it in sections ... or ... I guess I could make a "trap door" that can be placed in to the current door but the original door would have to be cut ... I'll put some thought it to it.

I am almost done with the no drill front plate holder though.

I don’t think we’ve seen our first delivery with a Tow Hitch yet, have we?

Would be interested how many have deliveries scheduled, and see the first photos once we have!

The waiting is almost over! :)

Just received word today... our Modal Y AWD, White/Black, 5 seat, 19" + Tow Hitch + FSD driving will be arriving within 1-2 weeks.
Taking delivery in Tampa, Florida
Ordered June 2020
MVPA/VIN: 30xxx

Will keep you posted!

Reactions: FrankTUTB
I have exactly same order, but no FSD. Based in NJ, ordered July 15. Hopefully that's a good sign for hitches on east coast?!

The waiting is almost over! :)

Just received word today... our Modal Y AWD, White/Black, 5 seat, 19" + Tow Hitch + FSD driving will be arriving within 1-2 weeks.
Taking delivery in Tampa, Florida
Ordered June 2020
MVPA/VIN: 30xxx

Will keep you posted!