Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been conflicting reports that stealth would not be manufactured anymore. When I contacted Tesla and asked, the person I spoke with said he doesn't know what will happen with stealth and recommended for me to change the order.

I have seen reports that they are making the last batch of them and online chat support saying they will be honored. I’m hoping for that as I can’t believe what a salesperson says when it involves them unloading their product on me.

I’m holding out until it’s clear cut not happening. If I find another wheel option maybe I’ll change to PuP but starting to drift back towards a new S instead.

Waiting on my 7/18 order. Did you get your VIN via text, email, or source code?

Just to give you another data point; I have no VIN assigned to my account, nor have I received an email or text. I ordered 7/7 (White Ext./Black Int./19" Geminis/Tow Hitch), and MVPA hit my account fairly late on Tuesday (8/4) evening (about 9PM Central Time). Still waiting for an actual VIN assignment!

Hello again, all.
I just got a text stating my Y should be ready for delivery in 3-5 weeks. I ordered on June 25, so it looks like my overall estimated time went from 4-8 weeks to 9-11 weeks.

I don't mind. That just means I'll be getting a Y that has more factory worker experience building it.

Blue Performance, ordered with PUP originally. B/W interior.. and this is the Tow Hitch forum after all, so you know I ordered that also.

And a $12 garage door opener that works with my WiFi, so yeah...

Ordered MY white ext/all black int/19”/tow hitch on 7/29. Rep at the store said that realistically, I would get my car in 1-3 weeks, not the original 4-8. Got an update text today saying that delivery was going to take 5-8 weeks from TODAY! Anyone else has been through this? This wait is killing me!

I’ve got an LR, MSM/black, Gemini, No FSD, Tow on order (05/12/2020). Had a VIN end of June, but had to give it up after I was COVID-19 positive.

I got a text today saying they had my config available, but without the hitch. The text said that if I decide to wait, it could be “days to weeks” before I get one (of course, haha!!).

I’m tempted to pay the extra $200 for SC install...my wife got her LR, Red/White, Gemini, No FSD, No Tow last week and she’s loving it. And I’m looking longingly at it every time I leave for work in my 2017 Bolt haha!!

Decisions, decisions.

Update: Got a delivery date of 08/14. With tow hitch. Keep the faith, haha!!

Reactions: FrankTUTB
I'll poke my head in and say hi. I'm in Denver and ordered a black/black MYP (with upgrade) + hitch on 6/28. Awaiting VIN. I received a text last week stating 2-5 weeks. I currently drive a 2017 S 90D, so the wait isn't bothering me as much as I'm sure it is some of you. :)