Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I finally have a delivery date. Sept 5th in Decatur, GA. (I'm driving from the Hattiesburg, MS area.)

Just 2 weeks and 1 day to go.
Original order on June 25. VIN 34xxx
Blue PUP, Black & White
FSD and of course a Tow.

I have PPF planned for 1 week later (assuming I keep it) in New Orleans. Full body XPel Stealth.
My wife wants a new Toyota Tacoma... After she drives this...? We'll see if she changes her mind. haha

And I finally have a delivery date. Sept 5th in Decatur, GA. (I'm driving from the Hattiesburg, MS area.)
My wife wants a new Toyota Tacoma... After she drives this...? We'll see if she changes her mind. haha

Every time I had an Enterprise loaner from Tesla 1st 2019 Jetta and 2nd an X3 I just hated the auto tranny and ICE engine driving experience and counted the hours and days until my Model 3 was ready. Once you get used to premium EV drive train you can't go back to the old ways. She should change her mind unless a pickup bed is a must have. Cybertruck is still a ways away.

Reactions: FrankTUTB
My trade in expired on August 22nd (yesterday) so I went to chat with a rep as I needed to resend my odo. Asked her to check my account and she said I have a VIN assigned and the car just came off production line a few hours ago. I ordered white outside, white inside, FSD, Tow hitch, LR, black wheels. I don’t have delivery date and VIN don’t show up in my account but chat said I should expect pickup in 7-10 days. Located in Southwest Florida

My trade in expired on August 22nd (yesterday) so I went to chat with a rep as I needed to resend my odo. Asked her to check my account and she said I have a VIN assigned and the car just came off production line a few hours ago. I ordered white outside, white inside, FSD, Tow hitch, LR, black wheels. I don’t have delivery date and VIN don’t show up in my account but chat said I should expect pickup in 7-10 days. Located in Southwest Florida

Just curious, I'm SW FL also..Where do you pick up when your ship comes in? Coconut Point or does it have to be at a Service Center like Sarasota?

Just curious, I'm SW FL also..Where do you pick up when your ship comes in? Coconut Point or does it have to be at a Service Center like Sarasota?

For me the closest pickup location is in Miami. Based on my zip Tesla gave me the closest location. I asked in chat if I can change it to Sarasota area - she said after VIN assigned she can’t change it but talk to my SA (in Naples) to see if he can change it.

I'm getting frustrated and disenchanted, It will be 6 weeks on Wed (26th) and besides completing my financing, there really hasn't been much contact and/or progress reports. When I ordered the website said 5-11 weeks. Of course, 11 weeks will be the end of Sept(quarter). The timeline on the ordering page keeps going down, in relation to the end of the quarter as well. I find this all rather frustrating.

I'm getting frustrated and disenchanted, It will be 6 weeks on Wed (26th) and besides completing my financing, there really hasn't been much contact and/or progress reports. When I ordered the website said 5-11 weeks. Of course, 11 weeks will be the end of Sept(quarter). The timeline on the ordering page keeps going down, in relation to the end of the quarter as well. I find this all rather frustrating.
Hold on tight! looks like per google Sheets Tesla is just now starting to send out Early July (10-11) Tow hitch orders. I also have zero texts, e-mails or manage page MVPA yet into week 7 of wait. I'm expecting something in the next 1-2 week period.

Contacted Tesla this morning via the webpage chat feature. I've been patiently waiting for my Tesla Model Y (Red/BlkInt/Gemini/Tow). Found out I was on the "ineligible" list until 1/2/2021! Say what?! Gave me some possible reasons, but none of them really fit. I'm guessing it was because my original order was for the RWD version and on July 12 I changed to the AWD version. So I was told on the chat that a manager would have to move me back to the eligible list and that would happen later today. I hope so!

Contacted Tesla this morning via the webpage chat feature. I've been patiently waiting for my Tesla Model Y (Red/BlkInt/Gemini/Tow). Found out I was on the "ineligible" list until 1/2/2021! Say what?! Gave me some possible reasons, but none of them really fit. I'm guessing it was because my original order was for the RWD version and on July 12 I changed to the AWD version. So I was told on the chat that a manager would have to move me back to the eligible list and that would happen later today. I hope so!
Tesla Ordering Logistics Software is "FUBR"

How did you get the webpage chat to work? I have my popup blocker turned off and have had no luck getting a chat popup window to show. Tried both with my mac and my windows PC and had no luck. No luck even on my at work PC. I also switched from RWD to AWD on July 8th and have heard very little from Tesla since, so I am a bit concerned that I may be on the 'inelegible' list also. I emailed Raleigh Tesla a few weeks ago and all they could say was 'you should get your VIN soon"

upload_2020-8-24_14-2-16.png

I guess it pays to figure out how to chat with them!