Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an MVPA on my model y order page and got all happy. Then I opened the PDF and it was my Model 3 MVPA from last year. WTF? Closed the PDF and clicked the link again. same thing. Reloaded my Model Y order page and the MVPA link was gone. What is the SA smoking at the head office?

Well, it's nice to know there's a more direct way to check in on status. The first advisor I got transferred me to the "Delivery Team." Once I was connected with them, I asked if they had any insight as to where I might be in the production queue or time frame to getting a VIN and I received this response:

"While there's no way to tell where anyone is in the queue, your current Delivery-VIN ETA is 3-7 weeks from August 2nd. Once a vehicle is assigned to your order and is closer to the destination center, you will receive correspondence with regards to confirming your order information and scheduling."

I ordered on 7/31. Anyway, nothing really new to report for me.

I inquired about my order today and received the following. I am a RWD to AWD convert and sounds like I had a hold as well.

upload_2020-8-24_15-29-43.png

• Informative
Reactions: mhcrowder
Well, I seem to have gone backwards a step... My Approved Financing Disappeared, only had option for CASH. I had to get my Advisor to make changes and then I had todo another credit app (Grrrr). Now I am awaiting approval... Again... I hope that doesn't screw with my Delivery Date in anyway!!!

Well, I seem to have gone backwards a step... My Approved Financing Disappeared, only had option for CASH. I had to get my Advisor to make changes and then I had todo another credit app (Grrrr). Now I am awaiting approval... Again... I hope that doesn't screw with my Delivery Date in anyway!!!

@Threader That $6K premium might be worth it to just be able to walk into a dealership, sign papers and drive away...

For me the closest pickup location is in Miami. Based on my zip Tesla gave me the closest location. I asked in chat if I can change it to Sarasota area - she said after VIN assigned she can’t change it but talk to my SA (in Naples) to see if he can change it.

FYI, I had a mobile service call today and was told that there will be a large service center opening up in Fort Myers next month (exit 136 off I75-corner of Colonial and Ortiz.).

My good news. Ordered 7/15 (or changed old order to add tow hitch). Didn't hear anything for a long time and finally called and got through to a representative. Was told a had a VIN (though in never appeared on my account) and would get delivery in mid September. The Rockville, MD delivery center called on Saturday to say my car has arrived and I'm scheduled to pick it up tomorrow.

My bad news. I didn't really read the fine print about the difference between AP and FSD - very different in my 3 with EAP and has auto lane change, AP on navigation, summons, and autopark but not FSD. The Y has none of that in just the Autopilot and I didn't want to pay and extra $8k. Hoping Tesla starts to offer some of these features a la carte.