Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch Installation 2015 Model S Bay Area

Guru533

Nov 26, 2020
Has anybody gotten a tow hitch installed on their Model S in the Bay Area? If so, can you recommend and let me know the costs? I got a quote for a little over $900. Trying to see if that is a little high or normal. Thank you.

Greg29

Apr 26, 2019
Orlando, FL
I'm not in bay area but bought my ecohitch online and used amazon services to find an installer. amazon charges flat $100 installation fee so I tipped the installer generously for the complicated install

Guru533

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately for me, there are no Amazon Services around my area for this service. For my quote, it includes the ecohitch, so the service itself is about $400~500.

2015MSwHitch

Nov 6, 2020
Goshen IN
I ordered a hitch and put it on myself after watching the Utube video. It took some time to do it, but saved the install cost. I guess if one pays the big bucks for a new MS maybe they can swallow the install cost, but I bought my MS used and actually enjoyed the challenge of DIY.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC